The Seven of Cups in the Gilded

planetmoon

The Seven of Cups in this deck contains some impenetrable imagery. I am trying to work out correspondences between the symbols coming out of the cups and the Rider-Waite. Can anyone help?

Open Arms

Not everything ties back exactly to RWS...I have several different decks and the contents of the cups varies.
My understanding is as follows
Rainbow - Hope
Dove - Love
Vine - Plenty
Discs - Prosperity
Fire - Safety
Stars - Dreams
Light - Truth

My RWS has the following
Snake
Dragon
Laurel Wreath
Jewels
Tower
Shrouded figure
Idol

Give me the Gilded any day...

planetmoon

Thank You

There is plenty of food for thought in what you said. I will go back and look at the card afresh.

Open Arms

I'd be interested to hear what you come up with.

To me..the choices in the Gilded cups are more to my thinking rather than those in my RWS.

My Celtic dragon for instance has (and these are my interpretations ok!)
A heart - Life/love
A skull - Death/endings
Jewels - Prosperity
A dragon - Strength
A Sword -Power
A Wand and scroll - Knowledge
A castle/tower - Security

Some decks such as the Mystic - do not even show the contents of the cups!

megx

I get all of the positive imagery coming out of the cards, but beyond that there is the dark and cloudy, almost man-shaped image that is approaching from the background.

I take that to mean that by chasing too many ideals you are leaving yourself vulnerable to attack--that all the dreams of the various cards are not enough to protect you if you never can make a practical decision. The cups guide you (your emotions) and, therefore, you are left floating in the air with your dreams

Shages

I get all of the positive imagery coming out of the cards, but beyond that there is the dark and cloudy, almost man-shaped image that is approaching from the background.

I take that to mean that by chasing too many ideals you are leaving yourself vulnerable to attack--that all the dreams of the various cards are not enough to protect you if you never can make a practical decision. The cups guide you (your emotions) and, therefore, you are left floating in the air with your dreams

I agree, but is the storm coming or going? I feel that it could mean that not to be distracted by the dreams if the storm is coming, and to embrace your dreams if the storm has passed

anie

In the Guilded Deck.. When I look at the card I see "opportunity o'plenty" as well as optimism, with a shadow of worry or concern looming around the issue ( or feelings)

Rider on the other had looks more like temptation and wandering thoughts or lack of focus.....