exerpts taken from the diary of a broken soul

sacredashes

4 of Swords

Removed 22.01.2008

Durant Hapke

Fine Ash,

Another rocking outing.

Pondering with greater care now, I'll look, and look again.

Kicked back a few cold ones with your blasting dead toast. Sweet.

Durant "but what about now?" Hapke

sacredashes

4 Of Wands

Removed 22.01.2008

Alamaris

SacredAshes, your art blows me away! The sheer attention to detail and the oodles of symbolism are absolutely entrancing. I also enjoy your poetic descriptions of each card; they explain everything so perfectly, and give even more depth to the artwork.

Keep up the incredible work!

truelighth

Wow, your deck is becoming greater and greater with each new card. I definately gotta have it! I do hope you plan on publishing it. Your art and insights are amazing.

Durant Hapke

Volatile Ash,

The bridge to far? Or the bridge fantastic?

Spin it like you do, and I ponder, "Nice."

I've not gone through the entire length of your thread with pen and paper at the ready, so was all in a quandary, how many of the 78 do you have left?

Have I shared this artist with you before? Perhaps yeah, I'm thinking -- his work is rock star rocking:

http://www.godsdemon.com

I've set aside a special bottle of "fuel" to enjoying with this book -- it appears Jack bird interesting.

I wrote the author artist as to weather he had ever considered the notion of creating a tarot, but have yet to receive a response from him.

Durant "shoot and spill" Hapke

sacredashes

Durant... Durant... your presence makes me smile every time... :)

The bridge leads out of Jahanam (Damnation in Malay language) with Nasingan standing upon her demon's palm. And he lets her choose, to stay or to go but upon seeing the radiance of the Angel on the other side, Nasingan realizes that she fears it.

Thus she summons her demons to burn the bridge, so that she cannot cross it. And even though the Angel tries to put out the fire, more demons are summoned to finish the job. Weakness is an excuse so tempting to the weak, is it not?

It's not that the bridge is too far, Durant.. just too near for comfort and in that moment it becomes apparent that she is not ready to move beyond her self-created boundaries. And the lure of staying with the demons she knows is stronger than even promises of Angels she doesn't.

Yes, you've introduced me to Godsdemon and I am in love with it. }) Working on my version of the demon now, a close-up with him spoiling for a fight. I'll introduce you to him soon.. he's one handsome bugger too!

I don't keep track of the number of cards I have finished but it's updated in Page 1. I just know which ones I haven't done and it's easier that way for me. I hate counting coz numbers give me migraine.

Ash

sacredashes

*Alamaris* *truelighth*

walk with me some more... let me take you to a realm where angels and demons are in truth soul twins, where they walk hand in hand; and laugh beneath the stars at human frailties they find both amusing and ironic.

I once saw a demon catch a woman from a flaming tower and kissed her so passionately, before hurling her broken body to the ground. But he had delivered her from her sins, embraced her despondant soul before discarding the shell that housed no longer her "nur" (nur means "light" in Malay).

It was sad and beautiful; frozen like ice in my mind's eye. I'll show it to you one day when I can spill the ink on paper, like blood on a barren earth.

Ash

Alamaris

sacredashes said:
*Alamaris* *truelighth*

walk with me some more... let me take to a realm where angels and demons are in truth soul twins, where they walk hand in hand; and laugh beneath the stars at human frailties they find both amusing and ironic.

I would be delighted to continue observing this realm. In fact, I plan to read through this thread again, to catch the poetry and beauty I may have missed. You truly have a gift with Art.

sacredashes said:
I once saw a demon catch a woman from a flaming tower and kissed her so passionately, before hurling her broken body to the ground. But he had delivered her from her sins, embraced her despondant soul before discarding the shell that housed no longer her "nur" (nur means "light" in Malay).

It was sad and beautiful; frozen like ice in my mind's eye. I'll show it to you one day when I can spill the ink on paper, like blood on a barren earth.

Ash

Beautiful, beautiful. I look forward to it, and am savoring the mental image. It inspires me; makes me want to write again. Its been a long time since I've let words spill without censor. Thank you for this.

Samiri*

sacredashes said:
walk with me some more... let me take you to a realm where angels and demons are in truth soul twins, where they walk hand in hand; and laugh beneath the stars at human frailties they find both amusing and ironic.
Ash

Aren't you being just a little presumptuous?