I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

Quester

Love all the little touches you are putting in this deck!! It is going to be a fun deck to work with!! :heart:

Alta

I lost track of this for a while tarotlyn, as I have been away. The deck continues to have an unusually strong sweetness and charm. As you say, real bears do not have a huge range of poses, but you have managed to develop the theme through background images and your little touches on the bears.

tarotlyn

Love all the little touches you are putting in this deck!! It is going to be a fun deck to work with!! :heart:
:heart: Thank you :heart: Quester! I am hoping that a person, (especially Gladys since she
is just learning tarot), will be able to just look at each card and be able to get some idea of
what it means or stands for without looking in a book. However, I am thinking of writing up
some meanings for a LWB if this deck is printed by a printer and has a box.

I am so happy you are following along...

:heart: tarotlyn

I lost track of this for a while tarotlyn, as I have been away. The deck continues to have an unusually strong sweetness and charm. As you say, real bears do not have a huge range of poses, but you have managed to develop the theme through background images and your little touches on the bears.

:heart: Alta, how nice of you to say it is sweet and charming. Then I think I am capturing my neighbor's personality!

It is so odd that I have not thought of the cards as sweet and charming because I have
been so focused on the 'manipulating and creating' of these bears :bugeyed:
Maybe when they are all done, I will be able to look at them all together and see what you see.
But right now I am just basically driven to finish as many as I can each day.

Last night I 'fixed' the Roman Numerals for the majors and spelled out numbers for the minors. It was a late night.

I woke up too early this morning...and just laid there and re-organized my bear folders, in my head :bugeyed: :laugh:
That is the key, I believe, to this whole process...being 'very' organized! :):thumbsup:

... then I drifted into a dream state between here and the Other Side, and I was being shown some things
about some of the cards that I am little concerned about creating (such as the Death, Devil, and Tower cards :bugeyed:
...those may not be so sweet or charming! :eek: )
...and I can't remember exactly what the Spirits were showing and telling me to do (for these cards), but They were!
AND They put it all into my own Spirit and it will be there for me to draw upon when I need it.

So, glad you are watching, Alta...
Note to self: It has been one week (today is 9/26/2011) and I have created 12 cards in 7 days. :)

kaleanna

You are doing an amazing job tarotlyn, I have been trying to keep up with this thread though I don't get to post as much as I would like to.

I think it is really neat watching the progression of this deck.

Love the new hanged man card. And the king and queen of wands are so very regal. And love the purple touches in the empress card.

tarotlyn

You are doing an amazing job tarotlyn, I have been trying to keep up with this thread though I don't get to post as much as I would like to.

I think it is really neat watching the progression of this deck.

Love the new hanged man card. And the king and queen of wands are so very regal. And love the purple touches in the empress card.
:heart: Thank you kaleanna, glad you are watching and I am so happy that you like what I am doing.

I hope I don't disappoint you with the rest of the cards...trying my best... :bugeyed:

GryffinSong

Aww, what a sweet 10 of wands. This is so fun watching you make these!!! :heart:

tarotlyn

What??? Missing card post?

:eek: WOW...What happened??? :bugeyed:

I posted another card (Knight of Coins) late last night...BUT...where is he? :confused:

I don't see the post YIKES!!! ... I don't even remember exactly what I said now...so...

I am posting him again...hope you like him. I hope I captured his simple, slow, solid self.
Like he is going to get there with your money, but he is sure and not in a hurry.

...also Thanks! :heart: GryffinSong for your great comments about the 10 of Wands!

ETA: Oh, I now remember a little of what I said. That the simple cards are the hardest for me
because you have to be so exact or it sticks out like a sore thumb. I also said that this card
was made up of several (actually MANY) different pieces of background and a lot of the
stuff on this card I drew free handed. I know it is not perfect, but that was the only way
I could finish this card! :bugeyed: Plus, there was a LOT of work contrasting the black bear
with a black horse!

I do not proclaim to be an artist! LOL :laugh: ... Although I did make a lot of money online
creating graphics and logos for other online companies, before the move to Northern Calif.

Attachments

• COINS.KNIGHT.FINISHED.jpg
    COINS.KNIGHT.FINISHED.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 104

MoonGypsy

i am jumping up and down i am so excited! All the cards just keep getting better and better! The snow in the 8 of Swords and 5 of Coins is sooooo PERFECT! It enhanced those scenes and expresses so much! i love, love, love them! i am so excited to know that i might eventually be able to hold this wonderful deck in my hands!:thumbsup: :D and the icing on the cake is:
Created by my dear Sister!!!:*

Hugs and Happy Blessings,
MoonGypsy xxx

P.S. How cute is that Knight of Coins?! :D ADORABLE!!!

tarotlyn

:):heart: LOL, dear sis, just when I was feeling that they might be getting worse and worse...:bugeyed:
...here you are letting me know (along with :heart: everyone in this thread) that I am doing okay! :):thumbsup:

That means sooooo much my lovely :heart:sis! Just to know you are still watching.

I have been thinking a lot about the Magician...'which deck' is it that the Magician card looks like
your dear handsome prince? (your hubby) I am thinking of trying to capture his essence for the Magician card.
...you know...I would look for the right kind of bear...I might be able to do it.

Let me know sis!

Oh, and that snow in the 8 of swords and 5 of coins, I drew...drop by drop...Yikes!

My problem as I already mentioned several times is: being a perfectionist!!! that takes 10 times longer to do a card :bugeyed: LOL :laugh:

I hope you pop in here often to see the little bears do their thing! LOL

I am sending a :* and some bear Hugs to my :heart: sis!

i am jumping up and down i am so excited! All the cards just keep getting better and better! The snow in the 8 of Swords and 5 of Coins is sooooo PERFECT! It enhanced those scenes and expresses so much! i love, love, love them! i am so excited to know that i might eventually be able to hold this wonderful deck in my hands!:thumbsup: :D and the icing on the cake is:
Created by my dear Sister!!!:*

Hugs and Happy Blessings,
MoonGypsy xxx

P.S. How cute is that Knight of Coins?! :D ADORABLE!!!

MoonGypsy

:)

I have been thinking a lot about the Magician...'which deck' is it that the Magician card looks like
your dear handsome prince? (your hubby) I am thinking of trying to capture his essence for the Magician card.
...you know...I would look for the right kind of bear...I might be able to do it.

Let me know sis!:heart: tarotlyn

Hi Lynnie! :love: That was a while ago i mentioned that card, :love: but i don't remember it being a Magician card; the one i am remembering was the man in the X of Cups in the Gendron Tarot.

Hugs and Blessings,
MG xxx