I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

tarotlyn

And you thought all the hard work was done!
Still using my little voice above the majority for the autumnal bear pic for the backs! It would look just perfect. :)
:heart: You are not kidding, firefrost! YIKES!!! I spent all day yesterday just changing the
font titles on the cards...there is more there than meets the eye...and then having to save
the new versions into '3' different folders (one regular bitmap, one editable program image,
and one editable backup image). Plus made last second minor changes as well! :bugeyed:
And still a lot of work ahead as well...and only about 7 days left! :bugeyed:
I think I will make it with time to spare!

Yes, i agree with firefrost...
i am having 2nd thoughts about the Pandas for the back; The more i look at the "brown bear in the tree", i think that one might actually work better in the long run...
:heart: Sis, that was what I am thinking...because there will be no border on the back and
if the trees leaves are cut 'anyway' or in any place, it won't be so noticeable.

Re: card backs. Either one will be great. Use whichever works best when mirrored. I'm guessing that you're right that the tree one will mirror better, and be best for wonky printing. But hopefully you'll share pics and we can vote again. ;)
:heart: GryffinSongl, I still need to re-save the images 'again' in a enlarged .png format because of the
title 'font' changes. That was next for today, however, think I must stop and go ahead
and make up the back samples now so we can see and decide better.

Ooops! Got to disagree, GryffinSong :) - the bear in the tree looks wonderful, like the tree is at the side of a lake and it's the bear's reflection. I love it!
:heart: firefrost, it does look like a reflection...or another bear hanging upside down in the tree! LOL

;) I'm with firefrost on this one. Love to the see the cherry fire leaves!
:heart: cardlady22, I love the cherry leaves as well, however I am really torn at this point between the two photos :bugeyed:

Here's a more in-depth post on my reasoning, and a slight change of heart ...

My first thought was that the panda was more in keeping with the overall style of the deck's images. The tree is gorgeous, but frilly and soft and not at all like the card fronts themselves. Whereas the pandas have that crisp collage feel to them, which makes them more consistent with the fronts.

But, the white, almost torn looking edge to the black lines is a little bothersome on the pandas (I think its a towel or carpet), especially when you look at the image enlarged. And the trees are stunning.

So, although both look good, I'm slightly leaning toward the beautiful tree, even if I still think the panda looks more in keeping with the feel of the deck. Or maybe the pandas. Oh, heck, both look great to me. :heart:
:heart: Wow, GryffinSong, you bring up a good point! I never thought about how the back
image would relate to the front side with that strong leaf border. The gamer printer suggests
NO border for the backs...so that is out I guess and it needs a photo that fades off onto
the edges.

The bear in the tree is just so busy for a back. I do prefer the simplicity of the pandas.

One thing to keep in mind is the size of the cards. The more highly detailed image is not going to seem very busy in a small size.

But I am not an artist so...what do I know? I do know that with my poor eyesight, the highly detailed and busy image is just a blur and hard to see! And as half of a tarot sized card back? It will be even more difficult to see!

ETA: about the "torn edge" look of the pandas - that could be remedied by using a banner image - solid color or a ribbon type image that cuts across that area - it would fit nicely and break up the image. I think.
:heart: Chiska, you are right, you lose some detail with the printing the actual card size
which will be poker sized. I have already looked at them in that size and they still show
a lot of detailing, thank goodness! I don't think I can use any kind of banner or ribbon on the backs
because the gamer printer says no borders of any kind on the back because of 'drifting'
which happens to all printing, they say! It is where they can't line up the backs with
the fronts exactly and it would really show up on the backs if you had a border. And I agree.

:heart: @everyone:
Wow, I am really confused now! LOL :laugh:...because I love both images!

I just need to make up BOTH backs and show you.

OKAY...here that is my project for today (before the others :bugeyed: :laugh: )
...to make back samples...here I go...be back as soon as I have something to show you all!

be back soon with samples!

:heart: tarotlyn

MoonGypsy

Really looking forward to seeing the "bare backs"..er...um..i mean "bear backs" }):p

i have a feeling it is going to end up being the Bear in the Tree, though. ;)

tarotlyn

:heart: funny, funny sis! LOL :laugh:

:heart: @everyone:

I am back with the backs...LOL ...They are all 'tweaked color wise' and 'mirrored' and this
is how they would look in the real deck...

PHOTO #1: Bear in a Tree
PHOTO #2: Bear in a Tree, next to the FOOL card

PHOTO #3: Panda Mom and Baby
PHOTO #4: Panda Mom and Baby, next to the FOOL card

...which one, which one, which one?

I still like them both :bugeyed:...I wonder which one you guys like? :confused:

Now, if either one gets 'drifted' I don't think it will show too much...

What do you all think?

:heart: tarotlyn

Attachments

• CARD.BACK.BEAR.IN.TREE.jpg
    CARD.BACK.BEAR.IN.TREE.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 56
  • CARD.BACK.BEAR.IN.TREE.2.jpg
    CARD.BACK.BEAR.IN.TREE.2.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 52
  • CARD.BACK.PANDA.AND.BABY.jpg
    CARD.BACK.PANDA.AND.BABY.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 52
  • CARD.BACK.PANDA.AND.BABY.2.jpg
    CARD.BACK.PANDA.AND.BABY.2.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 49

MoonGypsy

*Groan* :laugh: EET EES DEEFEECULT!!!Oi!!!
Well, i may be bouncing back to the Pandas, as the trees green leaves really seem to blend better with the green leaf card borders on the front...

But...sometimes contrast is good...:p

ETA:...i love them both, and will be very happy with whatever you decide on!

firefrost

*Cough*

Bear In Tree, no contest! }) ;)

No, to be fair you've done a brilliant job with them both, I'm just biased!

cardlady22

Contrast! Spring vs Fall :heart: Bear In The Tree

tarotlyn

LOL...we are TIED AGAIN! Ha Ha...:laugh:

I swear I cannot decide!!! :bugeyed:

Contrast! Spring vs Fall :heart: Bear In The Tree
:heart: Thanks for your vote cardlady22

:heart: Thank you! Chiska!

*Groan* :laugh: EET EES DEEFEECULT!!!Oi!!!
Well, i may be bouncing back to the Pandas, as the trees green leaves really seem to blend better with the green leaf card borders on the front...

But...sometimes contrast is good...:p

ETA:...i love them both, and will be very happy with whatever you decide on!
:heart:...sis, you sound like a Libra! LOL :laugh: Ha Ha (I feel like a libra right now! :bugeyed:)

I think you are right though, my dear sis, the green on the panda card blends well with the card front borders.

:heart: @ everyone:
I think I am right back where I started...:laugh:

ETA: Gladys told me yesterday that there are only 1600 remaining Giant Pandas and they
only mate 3 days out of the year.

cardlady22

In all fairness, since this deck was designed for your friend- it should be what you think she would like best.