The De-Enabling Thread

magpie9

LOL!
I haven't pre-ordered the Deviant Moon, perhaps I'm coming down with something, like the Empty-Wallet Blues. Futher, I've come to regret pre-ordering the Dark Sister, since I've seen all the scans, and can't picture it in my life for any good purpose or reason. Too Scary, Nosferatu gives me the Jim-Jams. Not to mention that a "good" day in that deck would be when it's not raining blood in the Graveyard. Hopefully going to edge out of that pre-order without being a complete pill. Luckily, thats at Tarot Garden, and shouldn't be an actual problem.
Now, if I'd ordered the Silver edition, I probably wouldn't be capable of backing out, it's going to be very very striking looking.

Vesper

magpie9 said:
Not to mention that a "good" day in that deck would be when it's not raining blood in the Graveyard.

(Cackling fiendishly here.) Yes, I think you're right, it's for those times and those questions when you can't think of any good outcome, and you're morbidly curious about "what's the worst that could happen"?

Hooray for all those people, by the way, who've talked themselves out of preordering decks - which I view as the antithesis of de-enablement (is that a word?).

magpie9

evelone said:
(Cackling fiendishly here.) Yes, I think you're right, it's for those times and those questions when you can't think of any good outcome, and you're morbidly curious about "what's the worst that could happen"?
})I'd just whip out my Fantod Pack by Edward Gorey })

thorhammer

magpie9 said:
})I'd just whip out my Fantod Pack by Edward Gorey })
Oh, yeah. From what I've seen, the Dark Sister's got nothing on her little deformed brother who lives in the cellar . . .

\m/ Kat

magpie9

GAWD, Thorhammer! You almost made me pee myself laughing!!!! :D:D:D:D

:eek: I wonder how thery'd get along? I mean, if you locked them in a room together, which one would come out after a few days, licking its fingers and smiling? :bugeyed:

VGimlet

Okay, I already have a copy of the Dark Sister on order, so I need to be de-enabled from ordering a copy of the silver as well...I knew I might want it from the start, and after I keep seeing more and more scans...sooo tempting.

I am hoping that skinny little package under the sad looking thing we are calling a tree is the twisted little Fantod....but I don't need to be de-enabled from that. })

note: I think the Dark Sister would win, but not by much. :p

magpie9

Why not wait till your Dark Sister comes, spend some time getting to know it, and then see for yourself if you really want to spend another (I think) $50. for silver frosting.

F_I_F_T_Y___ D_O_L_L_A_R_S!!!​
(....erm,...I think...slinking off to check the price...)

6 Haunted Days

Wait until after you get the standard BG and see if you even like it as much as all that or use it much. Then you'll know better if you want to spend an xtra $49.00 for sparkle effects. She mentioned theres a 100 left so plenty to go around.

I adore Edward Gorey, but the Fantod? PPppFfft. It's an amusing deck but... it's the fainting maiden of dark decks, weak and consumptive ;).

Nevermore

magpie9 said:
GAWD, Thorhammer! You almost made me pee myself laughing!!!! :D:D:D:D

:eek: I wonder how thery'd get along? I mean, if you locked them in a room together, which one would come out after a few days, licking its fingers and smiling? :bugeyed:
The Magical Forest Tarot? (angel smiley)

:)Made me think of Pugsey and Wednesday.

magpie9

Nevermore said:
The Magical Forest Tarot? (angel smiley)

:)Made me think of Pugsey and Wednesday.
I don't know who/what Pugsey and Wednesday are, but I'm thinking the Magical Forest probably could take both those other decks, if they wanted to.Those sweet widdle Bun-buns & friends have very sharp teeth.:eek:
........and then there's the Buckland Romany, which takes no prisoners......I can see it now, as deck after deck reveals it's darkside, and those few decks with NO darkside are Prey...Mermaids and Dolphins morphed into tuna Salad to feed the masses...Doreen Virtue's decks in hiding, :bugeyed:quivering in fear whenever a Marseilles goes by....it chills the blood, children, down to perfect drinking temperature. })