The Book of Shadows Tarot

Tarot Fairy

The images are stunning.. it makes me more and more impatient!

RiccardoLS

Pagan decks always seem to stick in a few cards with little winged-things, which I don't really relate to at all.

I'm afraid there will be winged things in the deck(s), as the suits are named after the elements and on each card there are as many elementals as the number (salamanders, gnomes, sylphs and undines).

Still, I think a deck (any deck) is an experience.
All etails may be correct and the deck still feel wrong. And all the details be wrong and the deck feel right.

Here is a list of Major Arcana associations, for the "as above" deck.

0 - The Summerlands
I - The Elements
II - Wisdom
III - The Goddess
IV - The God
V - Book of Shadows
VI - Beltane
VII - Transformation
VIII - Spellcasting
IX - The Path
X - Wheel of the Year
XI - Mabon
XII - The Circle
XIII - Yule
XIV - Ostara
XV - Lammas
XVI - Omens
XVII - Imbolc
XVIII - Samhain
XIX - Litha
XX - Initiation
XXI - The World

AJ

Ric.
Please tell me all the women aren't going to be an airbrushed 18 year old.

Rasa

RiccardoLS, thank you so much for the additional information! I find the titles of the Majors really interesting.. Yule as Death is an intriguing choice (the longest, darkest night of the year, after all), and I like the idea of Judgement as initiation (I like that initiation comes at the end, rather than at the beginning!)
Any chance you have any more pictures you can show us? ;)

I'm afraid there will be winged things in the deck(s), as the suits are named after the elements and on each card there are as many elementals as the number (salamanders, gnomes, sylphs and undines).

I am disappointed about that, but still excited to see how it turns out. I'm sure lots of people will enjoy seeing those creatures, anyways... I am picky :p but I love the art I've seen so far!

Still, I think a deck (any deck) is an experience.
All etails may be correct and the deck still feel wrong. And all the details be wrong and the deck feel right.

This is absolutely true.
I think that I can ponder the intellectual composition of a deck; like 'this card should have this symbol on it', but the execution is not always what we expect... and sometimes imagery that wouldn't normally resonate is surprising, and has more to offer than we think.

VGimlet

Looks like an interesting concept. I will be anticipating this deck..oh, wait, it's aready on my wanted list, LOL.

RiccardoLS

Ric.
Please tell me all the women aren't going to be an airbrushed 18 year old.

I can't say things like that, you know :)
Seriously, there has been a LOT of effort in this direction.
But I would like not to have me "say" things, but rather the ability to show pictures.
(I have asked for authorization to do that).

In order not to give the idea I will choosing the best images (to give a better but misguiding impression)... if you (any of you) have any request for any specific card, please let me know.
Just understand that I will be able to post only a limited number of cards total.

I am picky but I love the art I've seen so far!
The art is from three different artists (actually four):
- Gregorz Krisinsky
- Franco Rivolli
- Simone Gabrielli and Pietro Scola di Mambro

But anyway... as someone said "the Led Zeppelin did not make music to be liked by everyone. They let that task to the Bee Gees" :)

RiccardoLS

Sorry for double post.

I asked authorization to show some cards, and got "framed" to do something semi-official.
Let me know anyway for any card-specific request.

Ric

Attachments

• bos_I_preview.pdf
    442.9 KB · Views: 438

AJ

Thank you Ric. If I know you at least tried...I appreciate it.

Are those gnomes on the world? Too cool!

vee

Love the Queen of Swords and the gnomes are cute. This deck looks like a must buy to me--very intriguing and with a lot of depth. I'm guessing all the women are airbrushed 20 year olds--was the same case with Moore's Steampunk, but at least now I'm expecting it so I will either be pleasantly surprised or on the level.

The Sun is hilarious to me though. She's pregnant and she's the one working while he sits on his ass and pets a bunny? Maybe I've been pregnant too recently to divorce my experiences. :laugh:

DaisyDragonfly

Thank you, Ric :)

Love, love, love the queen of swords. Love the 3 of Cups, too.

:D Looking forward to this :D