reversals ISIS TdM

Lee

I'm trying to understand why one would want to distinguish between upright and reversed when it is impossible to determine this. If one is using a set of meanings which insist on reversals, then it seems obvious to me that these meanings are inappropriate (and indeed inapplicable) for such cards. Am I missing something?
I think it's just personal preference. Your way seems perfectly valid, but I can see wanting to have a reversed meaning for each pip card. In the systems I was experimenting with until recently, reversals for each pip card seemed to make sense. So for those wanting to use reversals for each card, the two Fournier decks under discussion are a good bet, or else one could use a copyright notice, if there is one, as was mentioned above. Or one could mark the cards (not a very appealing option, to be sure).

I'm still enjoying reading with triumphs only, so it's not an issue I need to worry about at the moment.

Richard

......I'm still enjoying reading with triumphs only, so it's not an issue I need to worry about at the moment.

Same here. I was just curious.

Barleywine

I got derailed on my decision to not use reversals with TdM decks last night when doing a Super Bowl prediction using two of the decks (one for each team). Reversals seemed like a perfect way to show increased vulnerability to turn-overs (fumbles and interceptions), incomplete passes, penalties and possibly injuries.

Redfaery

I don't read reversals with pip cards, but I always assumed one could judge by which way the copyright information was pointing. ;)

Richard

I don't read reversals with pip cards, but I always assumed one could judge by which way the copyright information was pointing. ;)

That's true. However, the mini Grimaud has no copyright on the cards. The regular Grimaud, the most popular French deck, has the copyright on the upper left hand side of the cards.

Richard

I got derailed on my decision to not use reversals with TdM decks last night when doing a Super Bowl prediction using two of the decks (one for each team). Reversals seemed like a perfect way to show increased vulnerability to turn-overs (fumbles and interceptions), incomplete passes, penalties and possibly injuries.

Interesting take on reversals.

I don't follow professional football, but I may watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. The Anheuser-Busch commercial is emotionally moving, dramatic, and relevant to what's happening in the US at present. It ain't funny, however: rather the opposite.