compatibility...

oldsoul

hi all...
everywhere i look says that an aries woman and cancer man do not get on well together, yet my best friend is a cancer man and we obviously get on very well together.
what are astrologers basing this information on? how can they be so general?
oldsoul

Minderwiz

Hi oldsoul,

I'll try and answer this for you. The simple reason is that Cancer and Aries are separated by 90 degrees - an angle which is called a square in Astrology. Squares produce tension, and something of a 'crossed purposes' situation. Extending this to your friend the simple answer is that you and he are likely to find yourselves at cross purposes or easily generate tension between you.

BUT things are never that simple - as you point out from your post. Firstly tension and a build up of energy can actually be a stimulus to getting things done - squares can be very constructive if handled properly.

more importantly though, you and your best friend are not simply Aries and Cancer. When asked what sign they are people give their Sun sign but this is not the only sign in our horoscopes - we each have all twelve, though the blend of these and the emphasis on them varies according to planetary placements and the time that we were born.

Its quite possible that either you have a signifcant amout of Cancer in your chart or other Water or Earth signs, or that he has a significant amount of Aries or other Fire or Air signs. So you may well be extremely compatible in Astrological terms.

Actually apart from sun sign columns in papers, Astrologers are not that general at all and like to look very carefully at all the planets and signs and where they lie in your chart before committing themselves. Indeed many professional astrologers do not like Sun sign columns because they are not sufficiently serious. That may be an over reaction but Astrology is not what you read in 'Your Stars for the Week' columns.

Finally, Astrology is not fate - its quite possible, even with no indication in their charts, for two people to get on really well together. If you work at your friendship and both of you are quite happy to put effort into maintaining it, then it will work despite any astrological obstacles. The Astrology simply gives you an indication of what obstacles, or goodies lie in the path of your relationship. Make use of the goodies and avoid the obstacles and all should be well :)

anjocoxo

charts

I have an excelent example: my mother is a virgo and my father is gemini; apparently, both signs are incompatible and I never understood how could they get along soooo well. Now I've discovered: my mother is virgo, gemini rising and my father is gemini, virgo rising... perfect match! :D

As you can see there's a lot more things bellow the surface in what comes to astrology

anjo

Minderwiz

Wow anjocoxo,

An excellent example indeed

- and both ruled by Mercury both for Sun signs and Ascendant rulers

lunalafey

compatability astrological style

I was going to mention the rising connections too.
There is another thing to consider in charts. I had read that the midpoints(halfway mark) between the Sun and the Moon where significant as far as who would be quite compatable. For example both my Sun and Moon are in cap, so the midpoints would be Cap and Cancer(I have MANY cancer friends) for a Sun in Aries and a Moon in Leo most likely the midpoint will end up in Gemini. When I first started in astrology I made charts for everyone and applied what litte I had learned. This aspect in compatability was one of them. My findings, astounding. From the majority of charts came repeated partnerships with these midpoint signs, more than the other signs. I was one of them with 3 Cap relationships in a row.

oldsoul

i understand exactly what you all mean. i think i have a lot of taurus and he has scorpio somewhere but i don't remember the details... i'll check and let you know.
minderwiz, yes we are very aware of our differences and use them for good... i heat him up if i need too and he cools me down if he needs to!
oldsoul

zander770

i wondered much about this, too

and, aren't our "moon signs" REALLY the keys to our personalities, anyway (mostly)?

~Z~770
:T10C

lunalafey

4 inner planets = 1 personality

Sun signs and Ascendant mostly express ego/personality. As for the Moon, that is more focused on our emotions and needs.
The Sun is masculine and the Moon feminine.
But also Mercury and Venus play a part in one's behavior and development.

anjocoxo

compatibility

BTW just asking... what do you think of this: I'm Leo, Libra rising moon in Taurus; my boyfriend is Taurus, Virgo rising, moon in Libra.

compatible enough? :D

Anjo

truthsayer

i am a pisces with capricorn at midheaven(10th house) and cancer at nadir. there are 4 planets in aquarius in the 10th house. one is saturn. my father is a cancer with capricorn moon. 90% of the men i've dated were cappys. in fact, i married 2 caps and still w/ #2. interestingly, hubby's rising sign is cap w/ 2 planets in aquarius. i've often wondered if these planetary configurations affected my compatibility with others. in fact, some of my best friends are in taurus or scorpio and my ascendant is taurus and scorpio-descendant.