Vargo Gothic - Did You?

September Pixie

Ok, Call me nosey.. but did you all have special bags and/or spread cloths made for this deck? Do you have a special bag you found, made, bought, etc you used for this deck?

Anyone have pictures of theirs? :) I am looking to have one made and would like some ideas! Thanks!

WolfyJames

I use felt for my tarot bags, because I hate sewing, and felt doesn't require much sewing. I also like the felt's thickness, it gives me the feeling the decks are better protected, I sew the bags tightly. I used black felt for the Gothic, and garnet red embroidery threads to sew. I also used a rond button for the bag, a golden button with a fake pearl on it. I used these colors (black, red and pearl white) because they are in the deck, I felt they were matching, and my bag is elegant and sober at the same time.

September Pixie

Anyone Else? :) I'd like to see pics and/or hear suggestions.

*bump*

Kath

I keep my Vargo deck in pale blue satin. I wrap the cards in the spread cloth, tie it with a red ribbon, then slip it into the matching bag. I normally keep a crystal with my decks, and this one used to have a carnelian with it. I guess the deck didn’t like it much, because I lost it soon after I put it in with the cards :)

I don’t have any pics, because, well, it’s just a pale blue satin cloth and bag, not really pic worthy :)

Livia

I have a very dark blue almost black lush velvet bag in a tear shape (it is like a square with a triangle attached to the bottom to give you an idea of the shape) the problem is that it is so hard to keep taking it out that I have just left it out... I think I might start using a scarf, or fabric remnant ( you can purchase what is called a fat quarter for quilting, someitmes they sell them in packs or individually as the end of a bold at a fabric or craft store) to tie it up, that way I will have a surface also

If you sew you probably already know that. I have a few collections of fat quarters because I patch them together to make cute play clothes for my daughter they are the perfect size for one pattern peice, and in true collecter form I have a collection of scarfs

Phantom Goddess

I bought a black velvet bag with purple llining and purple drawstrings. I saw it and had to have it. :)

mercenary30

Re: Did You?

September Pixie said:
Ok, Call me nosey.. but did you all have special bags and/or spread cloths made for this deck? Do you have a special bag you found, made, bought, etc you used for this deck?

Anyone have pictures of theirs? :) I am looking to have one made and would like some ideas! Thanks!

I have a sweet bag that I had custom made by cjtarot. It is Black velvet on the outside with red silk on the inside. There are no accouterments on the outside, and the pull string is also black. It is simple, dark, and luxurious all at once......just like a fancy coffin......hehehehe

September Pixie

I had one especially made by Peggy @ http://stores.ebay.com/id=83994705 Medieval Mantles

I used the Ace of Pentacles as a guide, its red satin, black lace circle with a pewter pentacle in the center, lined in black lace over red satin and a matching spread cloth.

I'll have to take pictures of it, its lovely :)

Peggy also takes custom orders! :)