View Single Post
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolMoon View Post
The Trigram and Hexagram tables are in Liber 777. But if I can recall correctly, they are not included in BoT.

Someone suggested linking Geomancy divination to the Court cards would be another way for enriching their meaning and scope. I wonder if anyone tried it.
At least one of the Thoth Minor Arcana includes a geomantic figure: Crowley points out that the 7 of Disks (Failure) presents the "ugly and menacing" geomantic figure of Rubeus. (He links it back to the 5 of Cups, but I don't recall ever pulling that particular thread.)

I worked quite a bit with geomancy in the past but never thought to try connecting it to the Thoth court cards. It has a strong positive/ negative bias that may not be a good fit for the more inclusive interpretation usually given the courts. Maybe it could be tied somehow to dignity, with each court having a "good guy" and a "bad guy" persona. I'll have to think about this one. Sixteen geomantic figures and sixteen court cards does present a tempting opportunity.
Top   #40