A look into the future

cirom

Papageno said:
not sufficiently apocalyptic hit the nail right on the head

Tell that to the guy who was in the penthouse :)

Papageno

cirom said:
Tell that to the guy who was in the penthouse :)

no no.....the guy is OK

he was wearing his lucky Magical Paranormal Boxer Shorts

LOL!!!

tabi

Absolutely love the DEATH card, it is one of my favorites in the deck to begin with but this is a whole new take that I enjoy thoroughly.

The TOWER, I have to agree with whom ever said they were lukewarm to it, for me it reminds me too much of the one in the ToD deck.

blue_fusion

like everyone else, love the death card. at first glance i thought the sapling was growing from the dead bird (a closer look showed otherwise). If you're still open to suggestions (and the one you showed is not the final version), then i would suggest that little detail - makes the life-from-death transition even more visual. :) but the card itself is gorgeous with or without that change.

again, like other people, i also feel the same way about the tower. the tower structure itself is very beautiful (like a Wizard's University!), but perhaps the angle takes away some of the card's "impact." and the predominantly blue sky gives a serene feel (as opposed to something more "charged").

but that's just my 2 cents. in any case, i'm sure this new project of yours will result in yet another well-loved deck. :)

cirom

blue_fusion said:
If you're still open to suggestions (and the one you showed is not the final version), :)

Absolutely...this sort of constructive critique along with a rational for why an image does'nt work as well as it might, I find most usefull. It goes without saying that modifying each image to accomodate every opinion would be endless and futile and ultimately a work that is no longer a personal expression. But as in the case of the Tower, I see the points being made and will more than likely change the image.

Thanks for the feedback.

cirom

Here's the Ace of Cups.

Also to clarify a few PMs on the technical side. Yes I do produced these images using Photoshop, but no photos are used, images are painted directly into the computer using a Wacom Tablet and pen or in some cases from scans of my own sketches. In some of the more complex images, using upwards of 150 layers.

Attachments

• T3-ACE-CUPS.jpg
    T3-ACE-CUPS.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 391

Cerulean

It looks very clean and...

I see shadowy, tranluscent, transparent and clear variations in the images by turns.

I like the water feel to the Ace of Cups.

Cerulean

cirom

Quuen of Swords

Here is another Queen from the new project. My ideas of having this ready by Spring of next year have gone out of the window. The images are taking for ever, not to mention constantly changing and modifying :)

A perfect example being the owl in this image which I kind of borrowed from the High Priestess card that I'm struggling with. She's not someone I'd like to mess with and may eventually want the bird back.....

Attachments

• Queen-of-Swords.jpg
    Queen-of-Swords.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 386

tarot4fun

Hi cirom,
I really like the cards I've seen so far. :heart:
Good luck with your continuation of this deck.
Blessings~
Suz :)

Papageno

Oh God I love this card :love: