the urnash tarot

karenquilter

These are wonderful!

HoneyBea

It's a very nice deck very creative!..The Queen of Cups is usually one of my favourite cards, so I can relate to yours, I like the way she is immersed in water rather than just dipping her toes. :) I also really like your Queen of Pents.

~ HoneyBea~

Egypt Urnash

10 of Wands

Thanks, Karen and Bea!

It always makes me glad when someone says that a particular court is my favorite, and they like how I've handled them - I'm so far into this project that I really just can't tell if things work any more. Especially the Courts, which took a lot of pondering to even get the basic approach for.

Alta

As always, a lot to think about in your images. The trees in the background make for a mind-stretching on the card. The tiny dragon is cute touch. hehe, I want a tiny pet dragon!

Voron

Absolutely Wonderful!

I can't express to you how awesome I think this deck is! I love the combination of whimsical and metaphysically potent symbolism. (e.g. LOVING the 6 of Cups) I think it's great that you blend the Crowley & Waite symbolism. I myself like the picture style of pips and respect the traditional power of the RWS imagery, but tend to prefer Crowley where he diverges greatly in energetic signature from RWS (like 6 of Swords).

I have so been pimping this out to my friends. My wife loves the style. She said it was like "a cross between Esurance* and anime."
(*-- love the animation of those commercials!)

So, I'm trying to figure out what's left to come:

It seems still at large we have:

High Priestess
Heirophant
2 of Wands
99 of Wands, Cups, and Swords (are you still doing these?)
Fools (1) & (3)
Princes of Swords, Pentacles, and Wands
Queen of Wands
Princess of Wands, Pentacles, and Cups
Chevalier of Pentacles and Cups
Did I see a Querant sketch somewhere?

Did I miss anything? "Infinity of Spirit?" (0 of Void^-1) ;)

I just found these a couple days ago, so I've barely scratched their surface. I will leave comments later.

Keep up the great work!

Egypt Urnash

Try looking at the 10W next to the Fool, Alta - you might see some extra overlap. *grin* I'm not quite sure I ended out where I set out for with the 10W, but I like where it went. It ties in nicely with my plans for the 99W, too.

You're pretty close, Voron. You missed one remaining Wand (the 6) and don't know that I'm numbering the three Fools as 0(0), 0(1), and 0(2) - and most importantly the trick I'm doing with the Courts didn't jump out at you, probably because I haven't done any Kings yet. The Courts are King, Queen, Chevalier, and Prince/Princess. Gender balance in the Court is maintained by the Chevalier not being the same gender as that suit's Prince(ess); I wanted to do some female Chevaliers because girls can go out and kick butt too.

So what's remaining are MA0(0), 0(1), 2, and 5, 2W, 6W, KC, KP, KW, KS, CC, CP, PP, PW, QW, 99C, 99W, 99S, and the Querent (whose name may change) - 19 cards in all. Unless I decide to add a court of VOID. The nontraditional ones will be done sometime in August, after I have everything ready for the gallery showing of the traditional 78 at the end of the month.

(Parenthetically, the guys who did the Esurance ads share some influences with me, and have been shaped in similar ways by modern digital art tools.)

Egypt Urnash

Kingof Cups

Twelve left in the traditional deck; show's in two months exactly...

Callistabell

I love this one Egypt! The map, the sub, its perfect. So exciting about the show. It's gonna be great! (good thoughts) :)

Voron

It's Captain Nemo!! That's Awesome! His expression and intensity is perfect!

Oh, and about the Fools....maybe numbering them "0", "00" and "000" would be less awkward...

And one more thing: What is the floating eye/camera thing that accompanies the Crone-Fool (who has two?) , Hermit (not in original sketch?), 9 of cups, (and 10 of Cups I think), and the Universe?

Egypt Urnash

I spent the last couple days making a web page for the deck instead of another card. Tsk. (Still glitchy on IE, use FF or Safari or whatever.)

Thanks, Callistabell! I'm starting to get nervous about the show, what with it going from 'distant plans' to 'very soon'. I just gotta keep cranking out the cards and dealing with the framing...

Voron, I'm actually going to not differentiate between the Fools on the card numbering - the 0(n) numbering is mostly for my own work. And the floating cameras are, well, floating cameras. A subtle thread that takes a crazy journey through the whole deck; there's another somewhere in Cups, two on each of the other Fools, and probably a few more places once I start the second pass over all the cards for polishing, touch-up, and intertwining symbols. I need to decide exactly what symbolic weight it has and how to discuss it in the text.