Nisaba's Timing Method

nisaba

<smile> Maybe to your subconscious any three would have represented the three days? Perhaps you hadn't spent enough time internalising the system to your inner self yet.

And I love the Magician. Eight Wands is how too many professional drivers drive: too quickly. Were there eight stems in the bunch?

Girl Archer

<smile> Maybe to your subconscious any three would have represented the three days? Perhaps you hadn't spent enough time internalising the system to your inner self yet.

And I love the Magician. Eight Wands is how too many professional drivers drive: too quickly. Were there eight stems in the bunch?

I don't remember how many stems were there, but it was a Whoa! kind of moment which I will never forget, because it was so literal. Has it ever happened to you nisaba that you saw the ace of Cups and said one week by mistake to a sitter and then that came true, and not a month? For the most part though, this method works really well :) However, for some weird reason timing readings work ONLY with my Halloween tarot. Do you have any idea why that could be?

nisaba

<grin> Perhaps it's your own personal timing deck.

nisaba

I used to use the Bologna, but it got kinda worn out because I didn't have a box for it and kept it in a loose bag within my work bag, so it got knocked around. Next time I go on a buying spree I'll get in some kind of a Marseille that doesn't really interest me to user for timings. At the moment, I confess I'm just using whatever's to hand, which I really don't recommend.

Nico Luna

I have to try this!

queenxofxwands

Nisaba, I just decided to ask a question of timing to my deck, using your method, and um, this is what happened. For when, I got 8 of swords, so I thought 8 weeks ok, but then I asked for more info, because I didn't believe it, and got 5 of wands, 10 of cups. That translates to the 5th day of the 10th month. Which is 1 day short of 8 weeks away. :bugeyed:

Pique Dame

Nisaba, I just decided to ask a question of timing to my deck, using your method, and um, this is what happened. For when, I got 8 of swords, so I thought 8 weeks ok, but then I asked for more info, because I didn't believe it, and got 5 of wands, 10 of cups. That translates to the 5th day of the 10th month. Which is 1 day short of 8 weeks away. :bugeyed:

This is very interesting! Lately, my deck hasn't been very good at adhering to the timing method of wands = days, swords = weeks, etc. It either speaks to me in astrological associations or gives me a mini-reading. I asked about the timing of an event and 4 of Wands. 4 days seemed too soon and the timing (April 11-20) had already passed. So I drew 2 clarifiers: Queen of Swords (Sept 12-Oct 12) and Justice (Sept 23 - Oct 22). So I'd say it's reasonable to expect the event to happen late-Sept through early Oct. There's also a house party coming up right near that time (4 of Wands).
I also asked recently when I would next see the guy I just had a date with and got 10 of Pentacles. 10 years is waaaay too long and the associated dates (Sept 12-22) seemed too far away. Well, I saw him last weekend...2 days after I got a huge bonus at work! I agree with people who say you need a separate deck to use exclusively for timing. Decks that you use to read will too often attempt to give you a reading rather than straight up dates.

Girl Archer

I used to use the Bologna, but it got kinda worn out because I didn't have a box for it and kept it in a loose bag within my work bag, so it got knocked around. Next time I go on a buying spree I'll get in some kind of a Marseille that doesn't really interest me to user for timings. At the moment, I confess I'm just using whatever's to hand, which I really don't recommend.

That's why I am my ratty tatty Halloween deck, because I am scared that if I replace the old one with a new and what if the new one and I don't bond just as well? Then I'd lose my timing deck altogether :-/

Juriana

Hi, Nisaba, when I cut the deck is it the first card from the left over deck I need to pick up & turn over and look at or the card from the pile I parted? I'm so confused :(