Golden Tarot - Knight of Coins

tarot4fun

Knight of Coins

From the LWB~
A knight sits on a heavy brown horse on a headland. He holds a flag and looks up at a large coin floating in the sky. A muzzled white dog looks back at him.

Meaning: A slow, plodding but reliable man. Someone who will stick with a project no matter how long it takes to complete it. Responsible, reliable and pragmatic. He is honourable and reliable and keen to assist. Travel is likely.
With so much busyness these days; inactivity appears dull, slowwitted, and even lazy~ But, there is a certain kind of power to be found in stillness and quietness.

In this image the horse seems antsy, and the dog is anxious too. That's how it might feel to those who haven’t learned patience.

The knight is focused on an object (real or imaginary) and seems to be meditating. With both life experience and education under his belt, he understands that struggling won’t bring results; he is content to be still. He has learned to have pure intentions, and to peacefully wait for the manifestation.

celticnoodle

The Knight also seems to me to be daydreaming, waiting for some action. And, yes, the horse does appear to be antsy and the dog eager for action too.

when I see this card in a reading, it seems to be saying things are calm or will be if this card shows up in a future position. possibly can be interpreted as a feeling of boredom even.

tarot4fun

celticnoodle said:
The Knight also seems to me to be daydreaming ...
I think so too~

Some of the greatest inventors and geniuses were accused of being daydreamers by their teachers. :)

Prism

It kind of looks like the horse is about to kick the dog....or is that just me?

The knight looks oblivious to what's going on with the animals. He's focused on that coin in the sky, which shows a certain lack of awareness but also focus on his goal and progress, albeit slow. He sits very straight in his saddle, and to me the bright orange color of his flag shows his passion directed toward his goal as well. To me, the dog indicates faithfulness, but why is it muzzled? Maybe the knight doesn't want it bothering his horse, or impeding his progress. Or maybe he doesn't want to listen to it barking.

celticnoodle

yes, it does look like the horse is about to kick the dog. the dog also doesn't look very happy, does he? I think he is muzzled to keep him quiet, and so it can be that the knight is sneaking up on someone/something, thus he has the dog muzzled. The dog reminds me of a greyhound, just seems like one in the way it is drawn, not sure if that has any significance or not.

tarot4fun

The horse seems to be pawing the ground as horses do when they're bored and want to get moving along~ maybe a feeling of impatience.

The dog does looks like a sighthound~ sometimes they're muzzled so they may chase, but not catch the prey.
Again, the desire to get moving; as we all know, these dogs can run really fast!

Some people are very impatient~ they wouldn't do well in the agricultural field.
Also this new trend of day trading goes against the patient attitude of allowing money and investments, even 'little nest eggs' to grow with time.

Prism

I think you're right about the horse pawing the ground -- they don't kick with their front legs like that, do they? Also, thanks for the muzzle info -- I didn't know about that!

brenmck

tarot4fun said:
Knight of Coins

From the LWB~
With so much busyness these days; inactivity appears dull, slowwitted, and even lazy~ But, there is a certain kind of power to be found in stillness and quietness.

In this image the horse seems antsy, and the dog is anxious too. That's how it might feel to those who haven’t learned patience.

The knight is focused on an object (real or imaginary) and seems to be meditating. With both life experience and education under his belt, he understands that struggling won’t bring results; he is content to be still. He has learned to have pure intentions, and to peacefully wait for the manifestation.

I've often thought the Coin is a gift, a reward, but not the one our Knight was searching for. His expression is of both surprise and recognition - whatever he thought he was looking for, this is better. He's quietly savoring this moment of cosmic humor, appreciating the Universe's love of irony.

His dog sits in a signal for his master to stop and consider carefully. He is expressive, too - "Do you really see it?" Yes, his horse is patient, and it's finally paid off. As much as he loves the journey, this milestone is all good.

Prism

I really like that interpretation, brenmck. You're right about his expression -- I just wasn't seeing it before.

brenmck said:
I've often thought the Coin is a gift, a reward, but not the one our Knight was searching for. His expression is of both surprise and recognition - whatever he thought he was looking for, this is better. He's quietly savoring this moment of cosmic humor, appreciating the Universe's love of irony.

His dog sits in a signal for his master to stop and consider carefully. He is expressive, too - "Do you really see it?" Yes, his horse is patient, and it's finally paid off. As much as he loves the journey, this milestone is all good.