View Single Post
Citizen

Sophie-David 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalesWoman
I think that's what happens when it's HIStory
Hey, that's a neat one WalesWoman, "HIStory", is it one of yours?
Quote:
it was debatable at this time if women even had souls.
Oh yes, that "concern" actually dates back to classical Greece, the foundation of Western Civilization.
Quote:
It all depends on your focus, most of the men in these stories weren't exactly candidates for sainthood. LOL
No, I was thinking that too! Good with the sword and that's about it. I suppose it makes it easy for each of us to identify with these men and women in all their foibles. But in some ways its actually worse than the world as it really is - there are very few stories of anyone living happily ever after.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic and romantic, but I see a lot of joy, courage and moral strength in the world. I mean, I think you are happily married, and I am happily married, although I know we're both North American fat cats. But in the parts of the third world where people are able to provide for their basic needs, they is actually more joy and love there than many experience on our relatively affluent continent - I know this from the first hand experience of people whom I trust.

Perhaps the strength of these stories is that they bring forth the issues we face in clear polarities. They are morality plays rather than documentaries. They are coloured by their time, but present the consequences of one's choices in a simple and well-defined manner. Which is perhaps just another way of saying that like the Tarot itself, they archetypal.
Top   #7