Crystal Skull collecting

Tarotphelia

Dark Inquisitor said:
I have been thinking lately of keeping all the skulls together in some kind of circle. Maybe finding a mandala or energy diagram of some kind to place them on , and letting them charge in the sun on that.

Interestingly enough, placing the skulls on a geometric diagram is one of the ways listed to clear them in the De Sisto book.

Here are some links to mandalas one can print out in case anyone else wants to try using this method with their skulls or other crystals :

http://www.astrojyoti.com/srichakrawithmantra.JPG

http://www.dharma-media.org/media/general/dwnld/thanka/mandala/korlo.html

SMC346

Dark Inquisitor, could you please PM me the site you get your crystal skulls from?
Thanks in advace

stella01904

Dark Inquisitor said:
It's from a seller that owns one of the life size ancient skulls, and she clears and exposes the new skulls to the old energy. It will be interesting to see if I can pick up any effects.
MM ~ The Synergy lady? Fancy that, I just ordered from her last week and I was poking around here to see if anyone else is into crystal skulls. I'm starting with a small clear quartz. Eventually I'd like to get a few larger ones, either clear or smokey quartz. Anyway this lady seems quite reasonable, no big crazy markup.
The smokey quartz one I am almost afraid of in a way . Not a bad way, but in a way that might be too powerful. It has gotten steadily darker , from the sun or the refrigerator I think, and it is almost black now.
Smokey is a very protective stone - nothing to worry about. Have you tried scrying in it?
Eventually I want an amethyst one too. But a chevron, banded amethyst, and I am not seeing any anywhere.
http://www.castastone.com does custom work. Try emailing them - never hurts to ask. BB, Stella

Tarotphelia

stella01904 said:
MM ~ The Synergy lady? Fancy that, I just ordered from her last week and I was poking around here to see if anyone else is into crystal skulls. I'm starting with a small clear quartz. Eventually I'd like to get a few larger ones, either clear or smokey quartz. Anyway this lady seems quite reasonable, no big crazy markup. Smokey is a very protective stone - nothing to worry about. Have you tried scrying in it? http://www.castastone.com does custom work. Try emailing them - never hurts to ask. BB, Stella

Yes, the Synergy lady ! Her skulls have a buy it now price that is only a little higher than the opening bid price, so if one strikes you , you can just buy it right away. Very convenient. I just got a nice rose quartz from her .

I haven't tried scrying with anything yet , but you are right - the smokey one would seem to be a natural for that .

Larger skulls are a problem , unless you want to spend a lot of money . But, maybe we can be optimistic and think that perhaps with more sellers prices will moderate in the future.

BodhiSeed

"And some skulls prefer to be placed on fabric rather than sit on a bare surface." (Dark Inquisitor)

I laughed when I saw this! When I started collecting skulls, the thought kept going through my head that they needed to be on some sort of soft material. I ended up using a soft brown suede-like cloth to put them on. No more "constant thoughts" since I've done this! Guess they enjoy a little pampering too!
I use a Tibetan singing bowl to cleanse my skulls. I've heard (but never tested this opinion) that sunlight - or rather the heat from sunlight - can fade or darken the following stones: amethyst, aventurine, kunzite, rose quartz, fluorite, smoky quartz, aquamarine and beryl.

Many Blessings,
Bodhran

stella01904

MM ~ I'm one of those people who never puts anything I use for scrying in direct sunlight. Lunar magnetism may sound like a bunch of new age hooey but trial and error has shown me it is real. So I put my speculums under a full moon for at least three hours once a month and that's all the cleansing and charging they need. Direct sunlight would burn this off, then I'd be starting all over.
There is a book about the Lakota Holy Man Frank Fools Crow by Thomas Mails, not the first book but a second one that tells a bit about how he did things, and he would use large crystal points for healing. They had to be warm. He would let the sun shine through them onto the affected area. So the sunlight or moonlight question would likely depend on how you are going to work with the stone.
I'm suddenly starting to see see little crystal skull references here and there. I was glancing through a book yesterday and saw a reference to a Mayan diety called Crystal Skull Woman. Something may well be afoot! :)
D.I., I'd have to starve my family to get a life-sized skull! I'm thinking about a three or four inch one. I see some listed for quite some money but I think the Synergy lady would be much more reasonable.
BB, Stella

Deszroo

Heres a site I happened across that thell you how to activate/program your skull. http://www.crystaltiger.com/sa01006.html
Also I read here about putting skulls on a mandala...perhaps in or as part of a a crystal grid would be even more interesting or the grid of crystals made in the pattern of a mandala or on it. Just a few ideas.

Desz

Tarotphelia

bodhran said:
When I started collecting skulls, the thought kept going through my head that they needed to be on some sort of soft material. I ended up using a soft brown suede-like cloth to put them on. No more "constant thoughts" since I've done this!

I use a Tibetan singing bowl to cleanse my skulls.

That is very odd about your fabric thoughts . It's interesting what we can pick up from objects and people and not even realize or accept that's what we're doing until we find out something startling later on to confirm it.

Since I don't have real singing bowls, I use crystal tones cds . (Myself and the skulls can be cleansed at the same time . )

stella01904 said:
I'm suddenly starting to see see little crystal skull references here and there. I was glancing through a book yesterday and saw a reference to a Mayan diety called Crystal Skull Woman. Something may well be afoot! :)
D.I., I'd have to starve my family to get a life-sized skull! I'm thinking about a three or four inch one. I see some listed for quite some money but I think the Synergy lady would be much more reasonable.

Sellers seem to be coming out of the woodwork ! 4" is a big skull to me- most of the ones I can afford are 2.5 " . But still, it's not the size that matters really . What was the name of the crystal skull woman deity? I can't find any references to her.

Deszroo said:
Heres a site I happened across that thell you how to activate/program your skull. http://www.crystaltiger.com/sa01006.html
Also I read here about putting skulls on a mandala...perhaps in or as part of a a crystal grid would be even more interesting or the grid of crystals made in the pattern of a mandala or on it. Just a few ideas.

Thanks for the link ! I really have to get serious about these activations and stop messing around in the whirlwind of skullhunting. Great idea about incorporating a mandala into a grid ! Grids are fascinating and I am just learning more about them.

stella01904

Dark Inquisitor said:
What was the name of the crystal skull woman deity? I can't find any references to her.
MM ~ Crystal Woman, popularly known as Crystal Skull. Mopan (the "a" should have a little accent mark over it) Maya, Southern Belize. The author states that she "functions as a transmitter between the world of the supernaturals and humans, particularly medicine people. The skull is of one who was originally an earth dweller (but nonhuman) and was "magically" transformed by exhaustive ritual and, I suppose, technological skill that seems very magical to those at our limited stage of development, the process begun by Gentian* and her cohorts was completed over generations by Maya people long before white contact."
*The name "Gentian" was apparently channeled by the author. I'm afraid it wouldn't yield anything in a search.
The book, if anyone is interested, is called Grandmothers of the Light by Paula Gunn Allen, published by Beacon Press, Boston. I don't know if it is still in print, I got mine used. I am not familiar with Ms. Allen's other works and can't vouch for her reputability but this is a nice collection of Native American goddess stories, including White Buffalo Calf Pipe Woman and also Tonantzin (Virgen de Guadalupe). The Crystal Skull reference is in the Glossary. I haven't had time to read the whole book yet but if I see more I'll post it here. A quick "skim-and-riffle" didn't turn up any more about Crystal Skull.
I'm watching my mailbox for Mysteries of he Crystal Skulls Revealed, by Joshua Shapiro and two others whose names I don't recall at present. It is also out of print but readily available online and it looks very good, I read excerpts from different crystal skull books at amazon and this one looked like the best.
Great idea about incorporating a mandala into a grid ! Grids are fascinating and I am just learning more about them.
Don't they use grids for Reiki sometimes? I don't know much about it though I've been Reiki-ed from several thousand miles away and it worked.
BB, Stella

memries

Dark Inquisitor

I read this thread the other day and today when I went to my daughters' she proceeded to tell me about a crystal skull and gave me the article about it. Synchronicity !!! Anyway this article appeared in The Record Kitchener.Cambridge.Waterloo paper and is about Anna Mitchell-Hedges and her 3,600 year old crystal skull found in the ruins in a temple in (now)Belize. It is written by Colin Hunter, Record Staff, Portage, Ind.
Thought you might be interested ? It appeared on Page 1 of Perspectives on Saturday, August 20, 2005. If you cannot find it on the internet I could somehow give you the highlights. There was also a nice picture.