Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

truelighth

I like it. I just got your Rosetta Tarot and I love it. This Fool shows just as much potential.

BodhiSeed

Holy cannoli, you've only posted one card and I'm already head-over-heels in love with this deck!:D Looking forward to seeing your progression through this deck.:thumbsup:

HOLMES

yeah

as i looked at the picture i said to myself,,
the tiger must be the typical dog..
the butter flies must be the birds that is some of the decks,,
the crocodile ,, i am not sure.
i like the water..

and that orange must be souls going to hell.

(of course they could be going to heaven or the other side of the universe)

frac_ture

as i looked at the picture i said to myself,,
the tiger must be the typical dog..
the butter flies must be the birds that is some of the decks,,
the crocodile ,, i am not sure.
i like the water..

and that orange must be souls going to hell.

(of course they could be going to heaven or the other side of the universe)

Hmm, interesting thoughts. I took the crocodile to be a reference to the Egyptian creator/crocodile deity, Sobek (I won't pretend to be some stud of an Egyptologist, though -- I only know of Sobek because he appears a couple of times in the Tarot of the Sephiroth, which I own...and the crocodile in this Fool card may have nothing to do with Sobek...).

I was taking the "orange" to be lava -- sort of like "liquid fire" to counterbalance the water. Just a guess.

I love the way the ouroboros imagery is worked in (what's the plural of that word? ouroboroses? ouroborosii??) -- terrific motif!

I think this is a fantastic Fool! It's a very original twist on the "leap off a cliff" concept -- I can't claim to have seen every deck out there, but so far, I've never seen this sort of "wormhole effect" used in place of an actual cliff or other sheer drop-off. Awesome reinterpretation!! I also like how the tattoos and colors give the card a modern feel while still maintaining enough ties to the classic imagery that this doesn't seem like some radical departure, or like weirdness for the sake of weirdness. I think it's a fine line to modernize and personalize the well-known depictions enough to make them new, but not so much that the results shock people back out of the world that the deck is trying to create...but this card walks that line, and walks it really well! I'll look forward to any new cards you care to share, Babalon Jones!!

Babalon Jones

Hmm, interesting thoughts. I took the crocodile to be a reference to the Egyptian creator/crocodile deity, Sobek (I won't pretend to be some stud of an Egyptologist, though -- I only know of Sobek because he appears a couple of times in the Tarot of the Sephiroth, which I own...and the crocodile in this Fool card may have nothing to do with Sobek...).

I was taking the "orange" to be lava -- sort of like "liquid fire" to counterbalance the water. Just a guess.

I love the way the ouroboros imagery is worked in (what's the plural of that word? ouroboroses? ouroborosii??) -- terrific motif!

I think this is a fantastic Fool! It's a very original twist on the "leap off a cliff" concept -- I can't claim to have seen every deck out there, but so far, I've never seen this sort of "wormhole effect" used in place of an actual cliff or other sheer drop-off. Awesome reinterpretation!! I also like how the tattoos and colors give the card a modern feel while still maintaining enough ties to the classic imagery that this doesn't seem like some radical departure, or like weirdness for the sake of weirdness. I think it's a fine line to modernize and personalize the well-known depictions enough to make them new, but not so much that the results shock people back out of the world that the deck is trying to create...but this card walks that line, and walks it really well! I'll look forward to any new cards you care to share, Babalon Jones!!

Yes the orange is lava, liquid fire along with water flowing into the wormhole. (And the croc is Sobek.)

Glad you like the wormhole/blackhole concept. As far as I know it is my own :)
I was shooting for a modernization of the images, without them seeming "modern" if that makes sense, so thank you for getting that!

The Magus is almost done...

Strange2

Fantastic Fool! Love the dizzying/vortex perspective, and the tattoos!

The ink on acetate seems to really enhance the intricate detail artwork. Reminds me a bit of the Amun Ra Tarot:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/418/

Looking forward to more Tarot M!

Babalon Jones

Fantastic Fool! Love the dizzying/vortex perspective, and the tattoos!

The ink on acetate seems to really enhance the intricate detail artwork. Reminds me a bit of the Amun Ra Tarot:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/418/

Looking forward to more Tarot M!

Oh I love that deck, it is very inspiring! One of my faves. Thanks for the comparison!

Penthasilia

Stunning work!

I love my Rosetta tarot, and now it appears that I get to anxiously await the arrival of it's younger sibling :)

bellathebrave123

I too am loving my Rosetta decks....cant wait for this one, looks beautiful.

frac_ture

Yes the orange is lava, liquid fire along with water flowing into the wormhole. (And the croc is Sobek.)

Yay! Two for two on my guesses! Good thing I have that Tarot of the Sephiroth, though, or I'd have had no clue about Sobek...

Glad you like the wormhole/blackhole concept. As far as I know it is my own :)
I was shooting for a modernization of the images, without them seeming "modern" if that makes sense, so thank you for getting that!

The Magus is almost done...

I definitely think your new Fool is a great blend of modern and classic without being too much of either one -- it's a really great melding of both, and deserves some serious applause! Can't wait to see the Magus!