View Single Post
Citizen

Alan Ross 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavensVault
A good book for that is, Eckard Tolle's, "The Power of Now." I used to think that way, still do at times, but it is way less since I read that book, and took notes on it. My Buddhist friend said I wasn't suppose to take notes, just read it, but they worked for me.
I've read the book. It's an excellent book and very helpful, but living it is a challenge. Unfortunately, my naysayers won't be easily vanquished. They've been with me a very long time. I feel like there is a battle going on in my soul, with a devil on one shoulder whispering messages of failure and inadequacy, and an angel on the other shoulder, whispering messages of self-acceptance and loving-kindness. It's a battle that I'm confident can be won, but it will take patience.

"I get many letters from 'the worst person in the world.' Sometimes this worst person is getting older and feels he has wasted his life. Sometimes she is a suicidal teenager reaching out for help. The people who give themselves such a hard time come in all ages, shapes, and colors. The thing they have in common is that they have no loving-kindness for themselves."
--Pema Chodron, "When Things Fall Apart"
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5