View Single Post
Citizen

sapienza 
Citizen

The Ten of Vessels shows an image of an Alchemical still. There are ten parts to the still but they all come back to the one vessel in the centre at the base.

Place explains that this card shows how we are all connected and that harmony comes from recognising our connections to others. He also talks about how on a spiritual level we are all part of a greater cosmos and that each individual has their own function in the harmony of the whole.

I just paraphrased because I didn't want to copy the text due to copyright issues. I'll leave it up to Leisa to post the text from the book if and when she feels it is appropriate.

I can understand what you are saying about this card taniatingel. I find that with quite a few of the minors in this deck they seem a little empty to me. I'm not used to the lack of humans in the cards However, the more I work with the imagery on the cards and begin to appreciate the richness of the symbolism, the less of an issue this is for me.

I haven't spent a lot of time with this card yet but I'll note my first impressions. It's interesting that when you look at the different vessels, each obviously has it's own purpose, they are all quite different, and yet they are working for the same end. I guess in a way they are working as a team. If one part were missing, or not functioning, then the result would be different. I like the idea of this card as representing cosmic connectedness. Some are higher, some a lower, some work more than others, some are big, some are small. It's quite a clever representation of humanity and the connections between us. I think it's starting to grow on me actually

I hope this helps a bit.
Top   #2