View Single Post
Citizen

DaisyDragonfly 
Citizen

Echoing the gratitude for Riccardo... it's great to have you here! Also echoing the OP: it is a beautiful card

She's standing on the tip of her toes, reaching up: somehow, she's found herself overwhelmed by her emotions. Yes, she could swim upwards to freedom, but it's so easy to feel chained by despair of fear... but there's no need for either of these to reign, because help is at hand...

A keyword that always springs to mind when this card appears in readings is Grace. Grace in helping, grace in being helped. The warning? Don't let yourself become dependent: there won't always be an avenging angel swooping in to save you. Acknowledging you need to be helped is one thing; putting yourself into a position where only other people can help you is another.

Of course, that's taking the message from the girl. The swan has its own message, too. About the grace that comes from helping, from the way one can become transcendent, a greater person by doing what they can for others. It reminds me of the Jewish aim of Tikkun olam, healing the world. We become something greater than the sum of our parts when we help, when we empathize. But of course there's a warning, too... it's equally dangerous to set oneself up as a saviour, to be the person who bustles in to help other people. Indulging in one's position. Maybe in this case the swan doesn't need to do anything; maybe the woman is about to launch herself up to the surface and all that'll happen is that the swan and the woman will clash midway, dragging each other down.

Maybe neither should indulge: maybe the swan is doing enough by clearing the way for the woman, empowering her. Now the woman can see the light, she can swim by herself and know that she can breach the surface safely. Perhaps it's about finding a way to help another person so that everybody is empowered.

I don't always search for the negative aspect of a card, honest It's just that these cards have a whole lot of story to them (why they're such great intuitive cards, I guess) and they bring it to the reading.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4