Tarot Life: Month 1 (Discover your destiny)

Kloeyy

Okay, so I decided I was going to knock out two goals at once. I am going to reduce stress and improve my tarot skills. So I purchased the Tarot Life book off Amazon and I am doing month 1. So in this month long exercise you are trying to get more grounded in to staying on the path to your "destiny" card. I wondered if anyone else out there has tried this exercise or is currently doing this exercise?

I am a little confused by my destiny card. It is 5 of Swords which essentially defeat. How is my destiny to be defeated..lol? And do I really want to strive to get there?

Perhaps someone has a better take on the 5 of Swords?

Thanks,
Kloeyy

Serenia

Hi Kloeyy,

for me, the card meanings depend on which deck I use and what I can actually see in the card. But yes, for most of my decks, I'd say the Five of Swords means defeat, or something along these lines. It can also point to a conflict in general, though. Maybe it means that you should try to improve your conflict management?

Did you pick a specific deck to work with? What can you see in the card?

And how did you determine your destiny card?

Thoughtful

Hi, 5 is a karmic number so your destiny is to follow your gut instincts taking what comes your way, and dealing with the ups and downs.

Carla

Okay, so I decided I was going to knock out two goals at once. I am going to reduce stress and improve my tarot skills. So I purchased the Tarot Life book off Amazon and I am doing month 1.
Kloeyy

Hi Kloeyy, what is the Tarot Life book??

Serenia

Hi Kloeyy, what is the Tarot Life book??

Carla, this is a series of Kindle e-books, called "Tarot Life Book 1", "Tarot Life Book 2", and so on, by Tali Goodwin and Marcus Katz. I think at the moment four or five books are published and the idea is to read one book and then work with it for a month and then read the next. One of the books is about removing blocks while another one is about decision making with tarot, for example. The books are quite cheap, but of course the idea is to buy all 12 books. See the first book here, for example.

I'm still thinking about whether or not to buy the books. Each individual book is cheap, but if I want all, it adds up to the price of a "regular" tarot book.

Kloeyy, maybe you could describe the first book a bit? Do you like the authors' approach so far? Do you think the books are worth having? I'd be very much interested in how they determine the destiny card and which conclusions they draw from it.

SunChariot

Okay, so I decided I was going to knock out two goals at once. I am going to reduce stress and improve my tarot skills. So I purchased the Tarot Life book off Amazon and I am doing month 1. So in this month long exercise you are trying to get more grounded in to staying on the path to your "destiny" card. I wondered if anyone else out there has tried this exercise or is currently doing this exercise?

I am a little confused by my destiny card. It is 5 of Swords which essentially defeat. How is my destiny to be defeated..lol? And do I really want to strive to get there?

Thanks,
Kloeyy

That card does not mean that to me, but that doesn't matter right now. You are the one who pulled the card, so it only matters what it means to you. You pulled the card so the deck was talking to you with the language you usually use to talk with it.

I don't know why but I feel that the card is telling you not to do this exercise right now. If that card means "defeat" to you, to me it is saying something like it is defeating the purpose of where you are meant to be going on your path right now to be told there is one single destiny that you have to work on moving towards because in reality you are free to create whatever you choose.

Maybe there IS no destiny laid out before you that you have to follow. Maybe all paths are open to you and you are meant to chose the one that calls to your soul. And to learn by the choices you make. ,

Babs

SunChariot

Hi, 5 is a karmic number so your destiny is to follow your gut instincts taking what comes your way, and dealing with the ups and downs.

This may well be the same answer as mine, stated another way. LOL

Babs

Kloeyy

We begin our Tarot Life with the discovery of our destiny card this is the card that is linked with your birhtdate. In astrology there is a concept of decans which split the year into 36 sets of 10 degrees making a full circle. So the book has mapped the associated Tarot card to the Decan. (an interesting twist)
So my destiny card was assigned ot me by my birthdate not by my picking. I was just stumbling on how that could be a destiny "defeat".
Overall I find the exercise in the book quick and easy to follow, great for a new reader and fun for learning a new deck.

I am using the Shadowscape deck, I starting using it in 2009 and havent been able to move away from it.

I was looking for something different that just tarot journaling, and my stress management has been sub-par lately so I decided to try these tarot exercises to relieve stress and learn something new.

These are cheap kindle books-- but for sure are interesting.

I went with the best description I could: concentrating narrowly on ones own self-interest. I can see this in the business arena but not in the spiritual one. Still a bit lost on the goal of the 1st month exercise.

However, following the steps i made it to the end with a nearly straight column to the destiny card, with a couple of stumbles along the way. Which were really bad days at work. Which is saying I am on the perfect course to my "destiny" and balanced.

ravenest

Thanks,
Kloeyy

Lucky you! You have a chance to comprehend one of the biggest contemporary social problems.

Anyone I have met of great brilliance or even sensible practical application of right force and method has used defeat (either as a personal or observed experience) to create a new and successful approach.

Your destiny is not to be defeated but to understand the lesson of defeat which is to realise where success lies.

The current problem seems to be to keep repeating the same method that lead to defeat ... or just give up and say 'I failed'.

And you don't have to necessarily learn from your own mistakes ... observation of what the mistake is in another's approach or a variant system can help you develop the right one (that's why we give validity to the scientific method ... it outlines failures and successes - failed experiments can be just as important as successful ones ;)

ravenest

We begin our Tarot Life with the discovery of our destiny card this is the card that is linked with your birhtdate. In astrology there is a concept of decans which split the year into 36 sets of 10 degrees making a full circle. So the book has mapped the associated Tarot card to the Decan. (an interesting twist)

For those that are unfamiliar with this it is quiet common knowledge within the esoteric decks such as the Golden Dawn and Thoth

So my destiny card was assigned ot me by my birthdate not by my picking. I was just stumbling on how that could be a destiny "defeat".
Overall I find the exercise in the book quick and easy to follow, great for a new reader and fun for learning a new deck.

However whether this is you destiny or not is conjective, certainly that decan can be associated by ones natal Sun placement. In any case the card before and after can be seen as where you come from and where you are going (before and after in the DECAN SEQUENCE not the tarot deck order) so you are not just stuck or static with that card ... its a transitory process.

I went with the best description I could: concentrating narrowly on ones own self-interest. I can see this in the business arena but not in the spiritual one. Still a bit lost on the goal of the 1st month exercise.

Hope the above helps ... beware of books and people that give a simple meaning to what is rather a bit more complex ... its like saying "I am a Cancer" there is little chance of classifying all 1/12 of the population as the same ... as there is 1/36th of the population.