Stone Identification Help

GotH

Hi AT friends..

I could use your help in figuring out what these wee babies are. I sorted them out by color. I had to put the green ones in my hand as they wouldn't show their color sitting on the white for some reason.

Thanks for all and any help.

G

starsofnorth

All the red ones look like red jasper except for the two on the right. Hard to tell by the photo, might be carnelian.

The next two blue ones are sodalite.

The next light blue ones are blue lace agate.

The green ones look like jade or serpentine. The blueish one, hard to tell.

Last photo:
One on left is smokey quartz.
The middle two, I don't know.
One on right is yellow tiger's eye.

Aster Breo

The green ones look like jade or serpentine. The blueish one, hard to tell.

The one in the middle with the blueish "flash" is probably labradorite. Can't see the one behind it well enough, might be malachite if it has any black or white banding. The yellowy-green one on the right is probably serpentine. The one on the left could be aventurine, jasper, or maybe jade.

Last photo:
The middle two, I don't know.

I think the middle ones are jasper.

Padma

Second red one in from left looks like red coral, to me. The rest looks like carnelian.

I second the bluey flash stone in with the greens as Labradorite. The green one on the far left is, I believe, fluorite. The bands of a more translucent whitish-green give it away. The green one behind the Labradorite may be aventurine, or possibly jade.

last row, far right is tiger's eye, second in from right looks like amber. third one in from right looks like an aggregate of some kind...white quartz with some sort of inclusion?

Nice bunch of stones, in any case! :thumbsup:

GotH

Hi starsofnorth, Aster Breo and Padma! :) I got these as a little gift from a youngster and wasn't sure what I had on my hands. Thanks for helping me figure out what they are..

The only ones I was confident in naming was the Labradorite (middle green), the Smoky Quartz (first brown) and the Tiger Eye (last brown). And I kept thinking Jade for the one just above the Labradorite.