Venetian Carnival tarot by Roxana Paul

UniversesCollide

Great! Backed! However there is one card, the 5 of Pentacle which I read as deprivation, poverty or something close to this, and the card shown on kickstarter is quite luxurious, no sign of distress or unhappiness; wondering what's the meaning of that card in your deck Roxana? Thanks!

I just went back and had a good look at it. I'm with you, not an obvious match to usual 5 of Pentacles imagery. The figure does look fairly disinterested in the pentacle bubbles floating away, maybe toying with the idea of popping one but almost can't be bothered with even that.

roxana

Great! Backed! However there is one card, the 5 of Pentacle which I read as deprivation, poverty or something close to this, and the card shown on kickstarter is quite luxurious, no sign of distress or unhappiness; wondering what's the meaning of that card in your deck Roxana? Thanks!

In many designs 5 pentacles are shown in the air (mounted on window glass), as something far from reach, on my card pentacles are hidden in bubbles. The character on the card is pointing her finger to the bubble and ready to pop it. Her perception of money is not real and disappear as bubbles.

rylla

In many designs 5 pentacles are shown in the air (mounted on window glass), as something far from reach, on my card pentacles are hidden in bubbles. The character on the card is pointing her finger to the bubble and ready to pop it. Her perception of money is not real and disappear as bubbles.

THANK YOU!

UniversesCollide

That's great, thank you! This reminds me of the way money is getting less and less real, particularly to younger generations, as we are getting more removed from actually having contact with the money we earn and spend thanks to a myriad electronic conveniences and credit/debit cards, etc.

Alex Monin

Me too, I want this deck the sooner the better. Can't wait.

UniversesCollide

Me too, I want this deck the sooner the better. Can't wait.

It looks like it's slowly gaining some ground, hopefully it catches more attention now that it's a third of the way there.

Belinda2

A very interesting deck, masks always make me wonder what is really underneath them, what are they hiding.

Alex Monin

A very interesting deck, masks always make me wonder what is really underneath them, what are they hiding.

I agree and think it 's a first deck, which apply the Jungian Persona (Mask) archetype to understand real desires and inclinations that are hidden behind our social masks.

Achlys

Sometimes I think I need to stop posting on this subforum because oh my god is my TOAD in full swing