Ideas or Suggestions for a Birthday/Coming Year Spread

SuitofSwords

Hello my friends! My birthday is coming up on the 16th of this month, I'll be 22, and so much is happening in my life right now. I'm making a lot of decisions on career paths and passions, and personal growth. Just wanted to know if anyone has a spread they like to do to see what the year will hold for them.

Thanks in advance

Pipistrelle

I usually do this:
1 - LAST YEAR, the prevailing theme or energy
2 - LET GO OF, something to leave behind or focus less on
3 - GIFT, a birthday present from the universe (not always what you would like or expect but it's a gift so you have to interpret it positively)
4 - EMBRACE, something to focus more on or actively seek out
5 - NEXT YEAR, the prevailing theme or energy of the coming year

I lay the cards out like a bridge, with Gift as the highest point. The outer cards are more external forces/passive cards for the seeker and the inner cards are more personal and active.

SuitofSwords

I usually do this:
1 - LAST YEAR, the prevailing theme or energy
2 - LET GO OF, something to leave behind or focus less on
3 - GIFT, a birthday present from the universe (not always what you would like or expect but it's a gift so you have to interpret it positively)
4 - EMBRACE, something to focus more on or actively seek out
5 - NEXT YEAR, the prevailing theme or energy of the coming year

I lay the cards out like a bridge, with Gift as the highest point. The outer cards are more external forces/passive cards for the seeker and the inner cards are more personal and active.

And when you're shuffling, do you focus on a specific question? Energy? Or is this more an open reading? I'm still kind of new to this.

Pipistrelle

And when you're shuffling, do you focus on a specific question? Energy? Or is this more an open reading? I'm still kind of new to this.

Although I usually ask a question for my readings, with this one I don't. I've been doing this spread for a few years now so I think I just sit down and say 'I'm going to do a birthday reading' and assume the universe knows what I'm on about. ;-) The spread positions keep it focused so perhaps no question is needed. Though you could ask something general like 'What do I need to know on the occasion of my birthday?'

I think I can find an old example reading I did that might help. Hang on...

Yes, here it is:
https://archertarot.wordpress.com/2008/11/29/lunatic-birthday-reading/

SuitofSwords

Although I usually ask a question for my readings, with this one I don't. I've been doing this spread for a few years now so I think I just sit down and say 'I'm going to do a birthday reading' and assume the universe knows what I'm on about. ;-) The spread positions keep it focused so perhaps no question is needed. Though you could ask something general like 'What do I need to know on the occasion of my birthday?'

I think I can find an old example reading I did that might help. Hang on...

Yes, here it is:
https://archertarot.wordpress.com/2008/11/29/lunatic-birthday-reading/

Thank you!

katep

I'm sure it's been done before but I've recently been trialling simply drawing 12 cards, one for each of the next 12 months.

SuitofSwords

I'm sure it's been done before but I've recently been trialling simply drawing 12 cards, one for each of the next 12 months.

I would be hesistant to try it with so many cards as I've only ever done 5 or less readings.

EmpyreanKnight

In my last birthday, I just performed a general reading with every month represented by three cards, amounting to 36 cards, and one card to describe the tenor of the year.