Thoth Study Group - The Chariot

Centaur

Re: Re: Re: Thoth Study Group - The Chariot

Moonudjat said:
Maybe his yogic posture of meditation also has something to do with trying to connect with "God"?

Totally. It is almost as though he is engaged in a journey towards enlightenment... towards union with the universe and spirit.

Edited to add:-

I just noticed Taran's post linking that notion with the astral travel notion discussed earlier. Yeh, I think that would tie in very nicely. I guess if we take the Charioteer as somehow representing the astral-form and the Chariot itself as representing the body, then we can see how the astral-form, in a yogic-posture, could be used to indicate a longing to be re-united with the universe?

Moonudjat

TaranRavenfrost said:
Hmmm, Maybe this is why the card is used for Astral Travel? It almost seems as a card of a Journey, phsysical, metal, or spiritual.

yes yes makes sense to me!

Moonudjat

Cape?

You know one thing that bothers me about this card is the cape that the armoured man wears. I can see where it starts at the neck but then i loose the visual further down....like it becomes the light tunnel behind him? Maybe it's the inside of the cape? Maybe it's his seat? I don't know it looks like it's under him too? Maybe i'm just making a big deal out of nothing.

FraterGrant

Maybe because of his great journey, he has achieved the Holy Grail, which may not stand for Immortality. Maybe Its just that, a sign of Diving connection, like he has captured the power of the divine. I am going to relate this card with Journeys of all types, as well as success, and enlightenment. Maybe even going places better then you could imagine, but not without work and effort.

paradoxx

Lee said:
I think the crab is the symbol for the zodiacal sign Cancer, which is attributed to this card.

-- Lee

Crab, or Scarab. The crab appears in the Knight of Cups, also Cancer.

Crowley and Harris made enourmouse political statements in this card, the golden armor is studed with diamonds and the orb is the accrued valued of precious gems. All the time four beasts, suspicously the color of American money, are standing (traditional for the Chariot card) on a golden brick road.

Lets not forget that the U.S.A., The Republican Party, and G.W. Bush are all Solar Cancer. And the scarab is an ancient symbol of Egypt, origin for the Reverse of the Great Seal of the United States America. www.greatseal.com

Centaur

Re: Cape?

Moonudjat said:
You know one thing that bothers me about this card is the cape that the armoured man wears. I can see where it starts at the neck but then i loose the visual further down....like it becomes the light tunnel behind him? Maybe it's the inside of the cape? Maybe it's his seat? I don't know it looks like it's under him too? Maybe i'm just making a big deal out of nothing.

I had never thought of it as a cape before, but now you mention it, I can see why you would think that. It looks almost like a huge, cape, billowing behind him as he hurtles forward at great speed.

I had some more thoughts on this card last night. Firstly, I was thinking about the whole idea of the large amethyst he is holding as the Holy Grail, or the 'Two-In-One'. If this represents the joining of male and female and the generation of new life, then I suppose that we could think of the Holy-Grail, in this instance, as the embryo. I then let my imagination take over (LOL), and I was thinking that the card may depict the inside of the womb.

Have I gone insane? Hehe. :D

Moonudjat

Re: Re: Cape?

Centaur said:

I had some more thoughts on this card last night. Firstly, I was thinking about the whole idea of the large amethyst he is holding as the Holy Grail, or the 'Two-In-One'. If this represents the joining of male and female and the generation of new life, then I suppose that we could think of the Holy-Grail, in this instance, as the embryo. I then let my imagination take over (LOL), and I was thinking that the card may depict the inside of the womb.

Have I gone insane? Hehe. :D

No I don't think that you've gone insane Centaur

I think that makes sense.

Could the armoured male like figure uniting with the Holy Grail which is femininity (As i understand it the Grail was not a cup but Mary Magdelene the wife of Jesus) also be a symbology of fertilization? I don't know if it represented Mary or Jesus's family lineage. The both the man and the Grail could be an embryo, combining to become a new and different thing.

Diwha

ABRACADABRA

Just a little note for those who read the explaination about ABRACADABRA earlier, this word is written on the card above the charioteer, along the outline of the blue chariot top.
It took me a while to notice it, that is why I am mentioning it.

Thank you Diwha

Centaur

Re: ABRACADABRA

Diwha said:
Just a little note for those who read the explaination about ABRACADABRA earlier, this word is written on the card above the charioteer, along the outline of the blue chariot top.
It took me a while to notice it, that is why I am mentioning it.

According to Duquette, he states that Harris made a little typo... she spelt 'ABRAHADABRA'. I think!

Just another piece of interesting Thothy bit. :D

Moonudjat

Re: Re: ABRACADABRA

Centaur said:
According to Duquette, he states that Harris made a little typo... she spelt 'ABRAHADABRA'. I think!

Just another piece of interesting Thothy bit. :D

Hmm from what i understand Harris didn't like Abrahadabra, I guess she thought that it didn't make as much sense as Abracadabra. Crowley liked Abrahadabra because it worked out Qabalahistically.

Does anyone know more about this?