Lunar Pentacle Spread

Akatala

I've seen pentacle spreads before, some of them on here. But, since mine is a little different, I thought I'd share.

I came up with this spread while working on a book I'm writing. I had a character use it, then tried it myself and liked it so well I now use it as my primary spread. It's called the Lunar Pentacle because the two sides of the moon sit inside of the elemental pentacle, tying everything together. You'll notice that I use Chinese/Japanese placements for the elements. Those of you who use different, just switch them around to your own system whether it be European or other.

---6---
5-7-1-2
-4---3-

1. Light / Self - This card represents the person being read. It picks up on basic emotions, and sometimes hidden ones as well.
2. Earth - This card talks about things affecting the person from a physical standpoint. Finances, residence, physical talents, etc.
3. Water - This card talks about aspects of the person's inner circle. These are things happening to family members and close friends.
4. Fire - This card tells aspects of the heart. What the person's current passion is and things having to do with love. I should point out that from experience, this card DOES tell secrets whether the person wants you to know or not, so be careful.
5. Air - This card will talk about influences coming from outside the person's circle. These would be co-workers, acquaintances, other members of society, even forces of fate may show up here.
6. Spirit - This card talks about the person's core. It tells the state of their spirit and very often will show the presence of spirit guides. If a guide is knocking on this person's door, trying to get them to pay attention, they'll show up here. Sometimes very insistent at that. lol
7. Dark / Destiny - This is the card that speaks of possible future happenings.

It's easy, straight-forward, yet very open, using the elements to talk about personality and things happening in a person's life without constraining you to many of the nit-picky points you see in many of the spreads out there. And of course, if ya get stuck, toss more cards into the spot your stuck on until ya figure it out. -shrug-

Hopefully, that explained it pretty well. :)

-Akatala Markoh

Gayla

Akatala said:
It's easy, straight-forward, yet very open, using the elements to talk about personality and things happening in a person's life without constraining you to many of the nit-picky points you see in many of the spreads out there. And of course, if ya get stuck, toss more cards into the spot your stuck on until ya figure it out. -shrug-

Yes, very interesting spread you have developed. I like spreads like this because you keep the interpretations very consise and then pull it togther nice and tidy at the end.

:) Let me know if you would like to do a reading exchange with the spread sometime. :)

Akatala

Sure. :) A reading exchange would be cool. I'll let ya know when I get my requirements for that section together. lol I just joined the other day.

Sakura Murasaki

Thank you for this spread. I used it a couple of days ago and it was very helpful. :)