exerpts taken from the diary of a broken soul

Bat Chicken

The art is beautiful - I have been enjoying this thread - but your descriptions are no less able to create a stunning visual atmosphere. Well done - you are a natural!

sacredashes

Bat Chicken,

Glad you've enjoyed my work and thank you for your compliment, it means a lot to me. :)

Editted to add: The painting you have on your Homepage is similiar to one I have had in my head for a long time but have yet to purge out onto paper.

It's related to my uncle who passed away a few years ago and I never brought myself to apologize to him for something I did when I was younger, obnoxious and disrespectful.

I see him walking between a canyon, pretty much like your painting but in my head the image is much, much more barren. I see his back as he turns round the bend, his hands dug deep into his pants pocket and he whistles to himself as he disappears round the corner. His shadow is cast long behind him because it is sunset (the end is near) and I'm always to late; to catch him in time to say that I am sorry.

Ash

sacredashes

My ego at work here..

Truth be told, I haven't had any time to finish the new pieces I'm working on but I didn't want this thread to disappear either. So I cheated :D, brought it back from the depths of the abyss myself and hopefully, I can have new cards posted in the next few days.

This is my ego at work... shameless but alas, it is the truth.

Ash

temperlyne

I shall look forward to seeing new work from you!

Lillie

The world...

Now, I do own oil pastles, and I never knew how to use them either.
And I tried doing some pretty stange things to try them..

I never did anything like your world, though!
That is amazingly beautiful!

You really are good.

rogue

Hi Ash. I was wondering have you ever done any other crafts besides the tarot and your similar artwork? I was thinking about this because I used to make all kinds of stuff before I started painting. Have you had any other hobbies like sculpting or anything?

sacredashes

Yes actually, I enjoy making jewelry, bottle incense holders, boxes for my tarot decks and stuff that I can use around the house. :)

Thank you, Lillie... :heart:

I hope I'll have the other cards ready soon too, temperlyne :)

Ash

rogue

I almost forgot you had a jewelery website Ash. I didn't realize you gave readings too. Do you like your Baphomet deck? I haven't seen a whole lot of that deck, but that's one of the few that I would probably put on my wishlist. Do you have any other decks like this that are similar to your dark style? It's too bad you have such little time to work on your cards. I look forward to seeing what you'll come up with next too.

sacredashes

lampkin said:
Do you like your Baphomet deck? I haven't seen a whole lot of that deck, but that's one of the few that I would probably put on my wishlist. Do you have any other decks like this that are similar to your dark style?

Haindl tarot, Baphomet - Tarot of the Underworld, Black tarot by Luis Royo, Gothic tarot by Joseph Vargo

These are in my collection and they are the ones I would consider dark compared to others which are definately "happier" decks. Funny thing though, when it comes down to reading with them, it's the Haindl that sends chills down my spine. The others I collected because of the artwork.

Something about Haindl's deck just lurks beneath the surface, when the pictures themselves aren't really gothic dark. It's a little untame, I think.. like raw energy. Sometimes, it's the subtle ones that really gets to you and I have a feeling the Thoth is similiar to the Haindl, not in terms of imagery but in terms of the energy vibrations. I borrowed a Thoth once from a friend and returned it after a week. I keep my Haindl under lock and key too, in my Tarot chest. :D

J, the Baphomet deck has really large cards which I think are perfect for collection or even meditation purposes. There're only Majors but the artwork is something else and I think you would love it.

Look out for trade offers in the Tarot Trading forum because I was lucky someone in the forum wanted a deck I didn't use in exchange for the Baphomet. Worked out great.

My Magician should be done quite soon, J... I hope you'll like it. I wonder if you'll like the Judgement card more though **Wink**Wink**

Ash

sacredashes

The Magician

Removed on 27.12.2007