exerpts taken from the diary of a broken soul

rogue

He seems to be playing around with an awful lot of disks for a king of wands. That's what seems strange to me. He's very godlike. Did you ever see the cover art for that single by KMFDM? This one is similar to that picture. I like it, but I'm left to wonder where is his wand? Your description is as poetic as ever Ash.

sacredashes

:D + :heart: = :smoker:

Lemme take grab a smoke and then I'll describe my understanding of this card...

I chose not to depict my court cards as people per se. To make them easier to read, I clothed them with human sheaths.

While the queen portrays the concept of "holding in", the King as the masculine half represents the action. Thus my King is the Sun, not our sun in our galaxy but the concept of the SUN in any galaxy, in any world including yours and mine.

If you see my King of Wands through my eyes, then he represents the fiery actions without consideration of consequences; and he chooses to do so simply because he can.

He represents my willpower when I systematically destroy what is in my world out of spite, anger or hatred. He is seen in my actions when I say irresponsibly, "My choice.. let my will be done."

So the planets burn because my choices, sometimes not only effects my own life but others tied to it and in the aftermath, it is too late to undo the damage because the fire has burnt everthing away and all that's left is ashes blowing in the wind.

He is not old, he is not young because the elements are not seen as such. Age is only apparent in our humanly form because our physical shells are made of earth. The King of Wands can be seen when a child throws a tantrum and kicks his/her toys in rage... The King of Wands can be seen when a person hurts another in a jealous rage, he is seen in many faces, under many guises because he is in you and in me.

But he is goaded by his other half because it is the whisper of our inner shadow self that ignites our actions, well-dignified or otherwise. As such, he and his queen are linked like 2 halves of the Yin Yang symbol.

If she is the volcano withholding the destructive force of the burning larva, then he is the fiery larva that will spill forth from her womb and destroy Pompeii.

If he is the Sun burning away all the planets spinning too close to his being, then she is the core within the Sun fuelling him and his destructive nature.

They are within us as are all the other elemental energies; yet within our physical shell, we are not old regardless of our age. We grow old because our shell will perish eventually yet our Self moves onwards on the journey home.

And I am glad firefrost and jeremy pointed this out, so that I can better describe what I wanted to show. Thank you both. :heart:

J, I thought it was redundant to have him hold a little match-stick, when he can just go pyro.. :D

Ash :)

firefrost

Y'know, the book is going to be as exciting as the deck... :D

rogue

I am very curious to see how your Knight of Wands is going to turn out, assuming you are using knights in your deck.

sacredashes

10 of Swords

Removed on 27.12.2007

sacredashes

2 Of Swords

Removed 05.01.2008

rogue

The best way out is through.

Little Hare

so beautiful Ash!

:heart:

sacredashes

I'm glad you like the cards, lil' pixie. :)

J, going through as in through the front, back or sideways? :D

rogue

Just go straight through. Don't worry about which side.