The Cartomancy Study Thread

CosmicBeing

Where I'll post all my weekly outlooks.

November 21st through November 27th 2016

8 clubs - K clubs - 10 diamond - Q Diamond - 7 diamond
Card of Confusion: Stubborn or opinionated, confusion or crossroads, problems in relationship or partnership, time to take a break, love for money may cause greed.

**went on a vacation (one day) to the beach**

Card of virtue: A very good friend, lifelong companion, someone trusted on or counted on during difficult times, person is honest open and affectionate,

**Idk...maybe it just indicates going with a lifelong companion being a family member**

Card of Prosperity: Financial success.

**Got some good deals on black friday**

Card of Gossip: Woman who loves to gossip, Very flirtatious, sophisticated witty loves to party, decisive have good judgement have a strong sense of responsibility.

**could just be the family member**

Card of Financial challenges: warning about money matters, envy or gossip, bad card for financial dealings, rumors or criticism about me.

***had a few money issues.. mirror on card was broken off...as well as couldn't get the computer I wanted...so going to financially plan better****

Not sure of this...maybe I am at crossroads a woman I can count on who is helpful during financial troubles.
Thanksgiving is coming up too....so maybe the high financial cost.

Michellehihi

I also want to study playing cards! I don't have much time but I will try to do one spread a week! All this because lately I started buying gorgeous playing cards decks!

zhadee

I also want to study playing cards! I don't have much time but I will try to do one spread a week! All this because lately I started buying gorgeous playing cards decks!

feel free to join us, Michellehihi! :) I might try a weekly reading as well, though not sure which spread to use.

Lee

Moderator note:

Several posts by CardReader have been removed for violating forum rules on advertising, and for cross-posting from other forums. CardReader has been permanently banned from ATF.

Lee, Oracles Moderator

AraLuck

feel free to join us, Michellehihi! :) I might try a weekly reading as well, though not sure which spread to use.

If you do find one... could you post it here? I wouldn't mind a structured weekly to probe deeper.

Thanks beautiful! :heart:

zhadee

feedback november

master method: meanings
playing cards: new world witchery guide

No. 1.
Project in hand.
9:club:

When covered by a club, kind and trusty friends will help forward the project.

Reaping; A forest. The Nine of Clubs shows things that have grown and how we deal with them as human beings. In some cases, we reap what we’ve sown and prepare for hard times ahead, hoping that what we have will be enough. Sometimes, we wander through the trees getting lost, hoping we’ll find our way back again. A questioner finding this card may be having trouble making sense of his or her
life, but there is still plenty of hope left.

Project in hand could have been work. I felt supported by workmates.
No. 2.
Satisfaction.
8 :club:

When covered by a club, satisfaction will be derived by the help of true friends, who will do all in their power to promote the inquirer's happiness.

Shop talk; A table or bench. When the work day finishes, it’s nice to crowd around a table with friends, family, and sometimes even co-workers for a drink or a meal. Often the events of the day get rehashed, with details added or subtracted as conversation directs. That’s what this card is all about. It shows people getting together to share the tricks of their particular trades, make plans for times ahead, or even occasionally plumb the mysteries of the universe, depending on how much beer is at the table
yes, also true
No. 3.
Success.
3:club:

When covered by a club, any success will be due to the help of friends.

A stone wall; Obstacles. In most cases, threes indicate wishes or growth, so this card may seem odd. However, the setbacks provided by a good obstacle also provide the impetus to overcome them oftentimes. Usually this card means that whatever challenges the subject faces, whether they be business troubles or a lack of pers
onal direction, he/she can and will overcome them.
I also managed to overcome setbacks thanks to friends.
No. 4.
Hope.
Q:club:

Covered by a club, hopes will be realised through the agency of helpful friends, or be due to the obstinate determination of the inquirer.

A mother; A nurse; A wise woman. This is a card indicating someone very smart, very strong, and very helpful. The seeker probably knows exactly who this card represents when he/she sees it, and also probably knows exactly what kind of advice this person would give (think of this as a conscience card). This card can also mean a mother hen, too
yes, also supported by friends.
No. 5.
Chance. Luck.
3:diamond:
Covered by a diamond, does not promise much luck to the inquirer; rather an evil than a good influence.

Gifts; A fountain. The Three of Diamonds shows generosity — sometimes even unwilling generosity. Someone who draws this card likely “throws his/her money away,” just like one throws pennies in a fountain (if you’re singing “Three Coins in a Fountain” right now, I sympathize with you). This may seem like a sign of irresponsibility, but it can also simply
receiving a gift, or an expansion of fortunes which allows the person to be generous.
Depressed, worn-out, sad. But no evil influence. On the contrary. I was lucky for several reasons.

No. 6.
Wishes & Desire.
K:club:

Covered by a club, a partial gratification of the inquirer's wishes may be expected.

A father; A judge; A general. The King of Clubs is someone with authority, someone who can give an order and get things done. He may not always be nice about it, but he has his reasons for driving
people so hard. This person is someone wise, though perhaps also someone very stubborn and set in his ways. For those who have issues with feeling judged all the time, this card could be troubling, but it may also mean that the questioner must face his or her fears and forge ahead. This is a card about what mustbe done, and living up to expectations.
Workwise, my wishes seem to come true.
No. 7.
Injustice
7:spade:
Covered by a spade, injustice will bring about sore trouble and serious misfortunes.

Tears; Blood; War. I’ve already mentioned that the tears implied by the Seven of Spades can be tears of sorrow or tears of joy, depending on context. This card may also be a warning that violence is
not far away, or that something deep down inside the subject is affected by the overall reading. But the sevens always carry a twist. While the sevens of the other suits tend to have some potent negativity, the Seven of Spades can have a very good side. It can imply a great deal of strength, mastery of a situation, or even coming victory and glory. Caution is always best, though.

nope

No. 8.
Ingratitude.
3:spade:

The four suits have exactly the same influence upon the situation in this number as in the preceding one.
aye matey, if ye say so...
Covered by a spade, ingratitude will bring about sore trouble and serious misfortunes.
A battle; Setbacks and obstacles. Unlike the obstacles presented by the Three of Clubs, the roadblocks that come
out of this card are not about developing oneself and overcoming difficult trials. Instead, this card is about fighting through the hardest parts and living to see another day. Metaphorically, the Three of Spades might indicate a bitter falling out withone’s parents (if next to a King or Queen of clubs) or a difficult economic situation at one’s job (with a Six of Diamonds or Clubs).

nope

No. 9.
Association.
7:diamond:

Covered by a diamond, the inquirer will need to use all possible caution and diplomacy, and even then the results will be but unsatisfying.

Lies; Deceit and falsehood. The Seven of Diamonds indicates that the questioner is being lied to by someone. This lie may or may not have to do with money, but almost always has to do with happiness. Perhaps the client is happy being lied to, and little white lies sustain him/her — this could certainly be the case if a Jack of Diamonds, Clubs, or Hearts were nearby. More often, though, the lies indicate trouble to come

If association also refers to a bank, than this one is true.

No. 10.
Loss.
A:diamond:

Covered by a diamond, loss of money, goods, property, and personal effects.

A letter; A coin. The Ace of Diamonds indicates some new money or new information entering the questioner’s life. It can also have to do with a sudden shift in luck
— if preceded and followed by spades, that could mean bad luck. Additionally, due to the solitary nature of the pip, it could mean being very careful with your news, luck, or money
— keeping it to yourself, as it were.

nope

No. 11.
Trouble.
5:spade:

Covered by a spade, trouble arising from jealousy.

Illness; A corpse. This suit is just full of jolly things, isn’t it? The Five of Spades indicates sickness, disease, pain, etc. It can also mean that there’s something that needs to be buried, like a hatchet between the client and someone he/she is feuding with. Paired with cards like the other Fives or the Ten of Clubs, it generally means that the client will beat the illness or deal with the skeletons in his/her closet. With a Nine or Ten of Spades, however, things get worse.
I'm not a jealous person.
No. 12.
State or Condition.
A:heart:

Covered by a heart, the conditions of life are steadily improving.

A kiss; A new romance; Feeling lonely. Pulling the Ace of Hearts in a reading means that likely a new lover has entered the picture, or at the very least a formerly bland relationship has taken on new life. Generally it’s a positive card, but next to something like a Two of Spades it can mean a period of separation and loneliness.
yes

No. 13.
Joy.
8:spade:

Covered by a spade, joy from having been able to render a service to a superior, who will not forget it.

An argument; Shouting. Communication is important, but how a person communicates is also vital. Pulling the Eight of Spades means that the client is not making him/herself clear and likely finds him/herself constantly embattled and unable to resolve the problems in his/her life. It can also mean long-standing arguments with those close to the client.
not sure if I rendered them a service this month, but several in the months before.
No. 14.
Covered by a spade, love will be slighted and betrayed.

A funeral; A coffin; A ghost. The Nine of Spades looks like a funeral procession as scene from above, with pallbearers carrying a black coffin (at least that’s one way to see it). This could indicate some kind of grieving process, the need for ritual and order to restore balance, or just a need to put an end to things. In some cases, this card may mean that someone or something from the past is still haunting the subject (it may even indicate a literal haunting). Matched with something like the Jack of Clubs or Jack of Hearts, it might mean an old friend or an old flame of some kind.
hm. I think my love life was perfectly in order, apart from me crying over spilled milk all day long

No. 15.
Prosperity.
5:club:

Covered by a club, betokens moderate prosperity, due to hard work and the kindly offices of friends.

A barn; A healthy body. The Five of Clubs is encouraging. It can represent either a full barn (which in turn stands for abundance and hard work paying off) or a strong, healthy body. If this card were at the end of a reading full of cards which indicated illness (such as a Five or Nine of Spades), a recovery should be expected. An inversion of that order might mean deteriorating health, however, so context is important.

hard work

No. 16.
Marriage.
A:spade:

Covered by a spade, inquirer will lose the chance of a wealthy marriage, through the deceit and jealousy of his enemies.

Death; Sudden change. This card is paralleled by the Death card in the tarot deck. And like its counterpart, it doesn’t necessarily mean physical death, but instead a sudden transformation or an ending. Much of this card’s meaning depends upon what it’s next to. If it is with a Six of Clubs, it might mean that a business venturewill come to an abrupt termination. With Threes from Diamonds and/or Hearts, the client can stop expecting others to give them anything...they are on their own. This card can also indicate deep isolation, and in some cases might even mean a period of contemplation, but again, it depends on context.

hahah, no deceit, no jealousy

No. 17.
Sorrow. Affliction.
J:spade: (Joker)

Covered by a spade, bad faith and underhand dealings will bring affliction upon the inquirer.

A rebel; Bad news; A backstabber. The Jack of Spades is a bad boy/girl, someone not to be trusted but who likely is very seductive and enticing. With a card like the Six of Spades beside it, it might mean the kind of lover who is no good, but incredibly desirable. With a Two or Eight of Diamonds, it means that gossip and slander are spreading about the client, and steps should be taken to staunch it. The Jack of Spades can also simply mean bad news is on the horizon, so be prepared for it.

not that I know

No. 18.
Pleasure.
Enjoyment.
8:diamond:

Covered by a diamond, love will be tormented and distracted by jealousy.

Gossip; Idle chatter. Much like the Two of Diamonds, this card means an exchange of information, although it usually is information of little value. It can also indicate talking about money, getting good news about one’s fortunes or finances, or
someone’s natural wit. Paired with something like the Two of Spades, it might mean something like “loose lips sink ships,” and that one should hold one’s tongue for a while.

nope
No. 19.
Inheritance.
Property.
K:diamond:

Covered by a diamond, the inquirer will lose part of his rights, owing to the jealousy of another person.

A bank; A civil trial; Wisdom with money. The King of Diamonds means power through money or fortune. Pulled with several spades, the client can expect to face some financial trials (literally in a courtroom or possibly only figuratively). Alternately, pulled with clubs or diamonds, this card probably means that money is being invested wisely, or that there is a man in the questioner’s life who provides very good advice when it comes to luck and money.
could be true

No. 20.
Fraud.
Deceit.
2:diamond:

Covered by a diamond, the inquirer will have to suffer great pain from the consequences of deceit, but it will only be a passing trouble.

Birds (as in “a little birdie told me”); Exchange of funds. This card is about sharing, whether that’s news and gossip (like the birds), or sharing your luck or fortune with someone else. It canindicate a partnership of some kind, but usually not a business one so much as a financial one. For example, if it were paired with a card connected to a friend or lover, you might be moving in with that person soon (because you’ll be yoking yourself to them financially).

not that I know of
No. 21.
Rivals.
Q:spade:

Covered by a spade, the rival will triumph over the inquirer, robbing him, and plunging him into disgrace both with his benefactors and with members of his own immediate circle.

A cruel mother; A seductress; Jealousy; A female rival. With this particular queen, watch out! She’s intensely powerful and knows how to use that power to get what she wants. She is trying to take something from the subject, be it a lover, money, or happiness in general. However, this card can also be a warning that the subject is becoming too jealous for no reason, which is almost an opposite reading in a way. So again context is important. Paired with a Six of Spades or an Eight of Hearts, it’s likely this woman is trying to wreck a relationship. Paired with a Six of Hearts, though, it probably means that the subject is needlessly jealous.

nope

zhadee

If you do find one... could you post it here? I wouldn't mind a structured weekly to probe deeper.

Thanks beautiful! :heart:

salut ma belle, a short google search came along with tons of weekly spreads, but none of them appears to be structured.

we might as well just pick 7/14 cards on sunday and read them along :)

AraLuck

Rather than do our own... should Do the weekly readings for each other? It would be more objective ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zhadee

Rather than do our own... should Do the weekly readings for each other? It would be more objective ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

found an interesting one :) should work for the playing cards as well.

Below I've posted what I do every week. I'm sure there are many great ones here, though.

1-Me & My Approach This Week (This is who I am within the context of this week, what my 'natural' approach will be)
2-How I Should Approach This Week
3-How my Beliefs Impact This Week
4-My Emotions This Week
5-My Thoughts This Week
6-What Happens This Week
7,8,9-Flow of Energy This Week

Notes:
#3 is "impact" because theoretically this relates to core beliefs that don't change, not simply conscious beliefs we can alter.

#6 is usually something very literal, for me, as it's meant to be quite a mundane position. Whereas 7,8,9 aren't specific events, but just energies at play.

Most of the time I read crazy Elemental Dignities with this, though I don't think it's wholly necessary, as I didn't used to. It does enrich it for me, though. #3 relates to Wands, #4 to Cups, #5 to Swords, #6 to Coins, and I read the cards as ill-dignified if the energy doesn't mesh with the "position" suit. I also read the 3 cards along the side as a "flow" so if they clash, I read them ill-dignified.

AraLuck

I'd like that :) how many cards? Focus on single days or the summary of 7 days?
In december, I'll have to work many extra hours, I cannot do a daily reading. I'd prefer a summary.

Yes a summary... we post a reading on Sunday or Monday for the week and feedback at the end... 7 cards... one for each day and a summary.

Sounds good?