astrology book suggestions please?

piccolo

Hi,

I thought I posted yesterday, but something must have happened because I can't find the posts I wrote-I was responding to Aquarian Goddesses thread about the Saturn Pluto opposition. Anyway, I'm wondering if someone can suggest a book that will help me understand the degrees of planets (aspects?). I have the book 'the only astrology book you'll ever need' but it's not thorough enough explaining degrees. Is that an ephemeris?

I'd love some suggestions-thanks

Piccolo

lunalafey

BOOK

There are quiet a few good books, but the ultimate for researching aspects is the A to Z Horoscope maker and delineator by Llewellyn George.

blumoon

a book i am thinking of getting is astrology revealed by paul fenton-smith...i heard it's pretty good..i also heard that it is going out of print...not sure about that though...

:)

joya250

hey piccolo -- I just bought a great (big) book.... I don't have it in front of me, but I think it's called Planets and Transits, or Planets in Transit..... by Robert Hand.

purplelady

piccolo, about your missing posts, is it possible you need to go to page 2 of that thread "saturn/pluto opposition" ? Go to that thread and scroll all the way down , you'll see the pages numbered if there are too many replies for one page.
I'm going to go there and check now.

purplelady

o.K. there is a reply from you on page 2. Don't feel too silly! It happens to all of us!!!

piccolo

thanks purplelady!

hahahaha DOH! Boy I appreciate kind people hand holding me through this site. I'm getting the hang of it. I'm glad I could find the posts, and now I can respond.

thanks again!!

Piccolo

Minderwiz

Rob Hand's book is indeed called Planets in Transit and is excellent if you are dealing with Transits. If you want to know more about aspects then I would suggest you try Aspects in Astrology by Sue Thompson

This is an excellent book by a well respected professional.

Blessings

Minderwiz

AquarianGoddess

Hi Mindewiz,

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for your astrological input.

Rob Hand's "Transits" is definitely a winner and worth the $27.00 price tag.

Books by Steven Forrest and Tracy Marks are also good choices.

There's an aspect book by James Brahma that is also worth the investment.

AG

Minderwiz

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome AquarianGoddess, this site is a real find!

I have read some of Tracy Marks work and I would also recommend anything by her - I haven't read the Steven Forrest book but will look out for it.

I have Rob Hand's Planets in Transit and it is a must for any would be astrologer but in dealing with aspects in general, rather than those created by Transits, I use Sue Tompkins as my main reference - if its Transits then I use Rob Hand as the main source.

It much depends on the context in which you are using aspects - if it's horary, which I'm only just getting acquainted with, I suppose its back to William Lilly, or one of the more modern traditionalists such as Sue Ward, Joan McEvers or Marc Edmund Jones.

Blessings

Minderwiz