Mythic Tarot

Hawkmoon

Thank you. I might just do that : ) Now where to start.....

rwcarter

Give the deck a good shuffle, pick the card off the top and go from there. There is no rule as to what order the cards need to be studied in. I'll try to remember to pop in as I have time and see what you've been up to.

Hawkmoon

Again thank you and that would be wonderful. I was thinking the fool as it would be apt to start at the beginning....

sapienza

I always keep my eye on this study group so if you do post I'll try and join in when I can. I have actually been using this deck again lately and am really enjoying it. I look forward to reading your posts. :)

Aunty Anthea

Recent lack of interest in Mythic Tarot

I have only just recently started using the Mythic Tarot

I have used other tarot in the past and only recently started using Mythic Tarot because I felt very drawn to it and am very happy with it

Mythic Tarot just feels right :)

I am surprised by the vast number of other tarot available now, new tarot seems to come out on an almost daily basis, is Mythic Tarot now considered old fashioned?

Aunty A

sapienza

Hi there. I'm pleased you have discovered the Mythic, I hope you enjoy using it. The Mythic was the first deck I ever used and so I have a real soft spot for it. In fact, it was the only deck I used for about the first 7 years of my tarot life. I think now we are a bit spoiled for choice but I sometimes feel like life was much easier back when you just stuck with a deck. I felt so connected to the deck because I loved the Greek Myths. I wouldn't worry about whether it is considered old fashioned or not, if it works for you and you feel a connection then it is the right deck for you to use. I guess you could kind of see it like a 'retro' deck, and there really is only a fine line between old-fashioned and cool. I think when the dreadful 'new Mythic' was released then a lot of people stopped buying it where once it was a deck that (almost) everyone owned. I hope you enjoy working with it. :)

Aunty Anthea

Mind of it's own

I only use my Mythic Tarot for my own personal use and sometimes they almost scare me

I started pulling a card twice a day

The first 2 days I pulled out the High Priestess (4 cards) shuffled them and cut them many times determined not to see that card again

I wondered if I had 'cured' my deck and thought I would pull out another late at night and still had the high priestess

The following day I had the sun again and again and again, after about 9 times I was actually relieved when neither the High Priestess nor the Sun turned up the following day

This set of cards was pre-owned and positively called to me I definitely have a strong connection

Aunty Anthea

Changes

Hi there. I'm pleased you have discovered the Mythic, I hope you enjoy using it. The Mythic was the first deck I ever used and so I have a real soft spot for it. In fact, it was the only deck I used for about the first 7 years of my tarot life. I think now we are a bit spoiled for choice but I sometimes feel like life was much easier back when you just stuck with a deck. I felt so connected to the deck because I loved the Greek Myths. I wouldn't worry about whether it is considered old fashioned or not, if it works for you and you feel a connection then it is the right deck for you to use. I guess you could kind of see it like a 'retro' deck, and there really is only a fine line between old-fashioned and cool. I think when the dreadful 'new Mythic' was released then a lot of people stopped buying it where once it was a deck that (almost) everyone owned. I hope you enjoy working with it. :)

What are the main differences between the original Mythic and the New Mythic?

Why was it changed?

I have been answering some of my own questions :) by using your sites

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/new-mythic/

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mythic/

I find the New Mythic cold and I absolutely loath the new

new-mythic-07628.jpg

I can only assume that as it was at one time an extremely popular deck, it was redrawn in an effort to make money by encouraging people to update :(

sapienza

Yes, I assumed the same reasoning for updating. In my opinion it was a dreadful decision and a complete disaster as well. If you do a search for 'new mythic' in the forum I know there was a lot of discussion about the deck at the time it was released with lots of different thoughts and opinions. I hope you are still enjoying spending time with the original Mythic.

Aunty Anthea

Yes, I assumed the same reasoning for updating. In my opinion it was a dreadful decision and a complete disaster as well. If you do a search for 'new mythic' in the forum I know there was a lot of discussion about the deck at the time it was released with lots of different thoughts and opinions. I hope you are still enjoying spending time with the original Mythic.

I am indeed that you :)

My feeling toward the New Mythic has not improved

The New Mythic Tower does not even look like a tower, it is just a lump. On the plus side the lightening is much more pronounced, it is hardly visible on the original. It just does not have the same feeling :(

One of the main differences I have found was that the back is now reversible

I am looking for another couple of decks to take out with me. Something completely different to offer clients a choice