Card numbers?

Aster Breo

People have varying opinions about titles, playing card insets, verses, etc., but I haven't seen discussion about the numbers.

So: How do you feel about having or not having the numbers on your Lenormand cards?

If you like to have them, why? How do you use them? How prominent do you want them to be?

Thanks!

Padma

I like the numbers, they are very useful when one is reading with the houses system...and sometimes I add them up to see what my quint card for the draw is!

:)

Aster Breo

I like the numbers, they are very useful when one is reading with the houses system...and sometimes I add them up to see what my quint card for the draw is!

How do you use the numbers for houses?

(I either use a paper GT chart with the houses drawn/written on them, or I lay out a deck of poker or bridge sized cards in GT order to act like a chart, then use a shuffled mini deck on top as the actual spread. Either way, to me, the *name* of the house is what I need. The number doesn't matter to me. That's why I'm asking for clarification.)

Padma

I use the numbers when looking up the possible combo meanings (on Learnlenormand.com) if I am stuck, haha! ;)

Sometimes I will add the number of the house + the number of the card that falls in it for a deeper look...

I also made a chart to lay my cards on, and yes of course the titles of the cards matter, too :)

Aster Breo

Sometimes I will add the number of the house + the number of the card that falls in it for a deeper look...

Interesting. Doesn't that often give you a number higher than 36, though? How do you deal with that? (Add the digits?)

Padma

Interesting. Doesn't that often give you a number higher than 36, though? How do you deal with that? (Add the digits?)

Yup! Add the two digits to reduce the number. eg, if I got somehow card 36 + card 12, which would give me 48, I would then add 4 + 8 to get 12. so it would then underline the importance of card 12 in the reading. I would not only interpret card 12 with whatever was around it with special attention, I would also then pay special attention to what was in house #12!