Emblematic Thoth Tarot of the Ancient Gods

DoctorArcanus

Four new cards are done.
I added them to the previous two.
The page now contains:

XVI The Tower - Domus Dei - Device of Monsignor di Foys - From Paulo Giovio "Sentenziose Imprese"

XI Cupiditas - Lust from Cesare Ripa

XVIII Luna - Inconstancy from Cesare Ripa

4 Batons - Perfectio - Perfection from Cesare Ripa

3 Coins - From Paulo Giovio "Sentenziose Imprese"

7 Cups - Intemperantia - Libido from Cesare Ripa

Marco

Scion

Exquisite, Marco...

Thank you for chipping away at the entire deck like this. I love how you're progressing refractively and organically through the images. :thumbsup: It's terrific to watch your process.

Aunia Kahn

Fantastic and interesting work.

Thanks so muc for sharing.

I look forward to seeing more of this work come alive.

Alta

Marco, It has been a while since I was so deeply impressed with a new deck. I like everything about it, from the delicacy of the art to the thought behind the cards. Impressive. I would be glad to purchase and use a copy if you self-publish it. Marion

Debra

I like your style. And that moon!

DoctorArcanus

This work is progressing very slowly, more than I expected, but I have not given up :)

Six new cards are done.

I decided to base the Court Cards on the XVI Century "art of memory" cards by Thomas Murner.
You can find some information and a number of images here:
http://trionfi.com/0/j/d/murner/t.html
http://www.wopc.co.uk/germany/murner.html

The Princess of Discs, the Princess of Coins and the King of Discs are based on Thomas Murner. They include a Geomantic symbol and indication of the corresponding planet. The name of the Geomantic symbol appears at the top of the card.

The Four of Cups (Luxus) is based on Cesare Ripa, as most of the images in this deck. But in this case the image comes from a late edition (1764).

XVII The Star is based on the Morning Dusk also by Ripa.

XV The Devil comes from Vincenzo Cartari (Typhon).

Marco

PS: I want to thank you all once again for the appreciation and encouragement!

Aziah

VERY NICE! (love the Devil btw)

the_surfacer

These are really quite remarkable -- definitely a deck I look forward to in its entirety!

DoctorArcanus

Typhon by Vincenzo Cartari

The image of Typhon by Cartari, which I used for the Devil, is one of the most impressive among the many strange images in that wonderful book. I am glad you also find it interesting! :)

Marco