CBD Tarot de Marseille - new Conver restoration

Richard

My CBD came today. It took only twelve days to get here from Tel Aviv. It is colorful and beautiful, exactly what I had hoped for.

תודה ד"ר יואב בן דב

Richard

Yoav Ben-Dov

תודה

thank you richard, and the other participants who commented on the cards, for your kind words!

i have also opened a page for the cbd cards
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/cbd-marseille

i hope someone who already got the cards would write a review..

have a wonderful day!

blackfool.jpg

starlightexp

I think this deck , but far, is the most accessible of the Marseilles that I have used. It's got such wonderful vibe to it. It's old without being stuffy. I just pulled it out today for a reading on a client and she loved the deck and the deck loved me. For the first time I used a Marseilles and it just flowed. I can't say enough wonderful things about this deck. The colors and the gentler expressions make all the difference ... might need to order some for Yule gifts

Sulis

I think this deck , but far, is the most accessible of the Marseilles that I have used. It's got such wonderful vibe to it. It's old without being stuffy. I just pulled it out today for a reading on a client and she loved the deck and the deck loved me. For the first time I used a Marseilles and it just flowed. I can't say enough wonderful things about this deck. The colors and the gentler expressions make all the difference ... might need to order some for Yule gifts

This is exactly what I think about this lovely deck too.. It's friendly and the readings just flow. I'm not constantly thinking 'what's the number and what's the element?' as I was when I used a TdM before. I'm just reading the cards and they're making sense.
It's a lovely, lovely deck.

Le Fanu

I ordered one, too, and just watched the interview in which I understand not one single word but the love comes through :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9CBNS0Dne8&feature=related

eta: This one is especially insightful; English titles. http://www.youtube.com/user/ybd2006#p/u/1/LYkK5BKI5mo
I wish more people would talk about art this way.
I loved watching this! thanks for posting Debra. I didn't understand either but loved watching him speak! Yoav Ben-Dov, you come across wonderfully on the TV! :)

I've already said it but I'll say it again;: great deck, lovely vibe :thumbsup:

starlightexp

This is exactly what I think about this lovely deck too.. It's friendly and the readings just flow. I'm not constantly thinking 'what's the number and what's the element?' as I was when I used a TdM before. I'm just reading the cards and they're making sense.
It's a lovely, lovely deck.

I think that it's good to have decks like this that are very steeped in the original but give a little bit to the modern printing abilities to keep the tradition fresh and alive. I can't tell you just how excited this makes me to be able to read with a TdM

Lee

I've had this deck for a few weeks and I like it a lot. It's perfect for someone like me who likes the cheerful coloring but not the self-indulgent symbolic additions of the Camoin-Jodorowsky.

The one departure from the lines of the Conver is the faces. They've been somewhat streamlined, and many of the figures have slight smiles. I have ambivalent feelings about this. It does make the deck a pleasant one to use, and perhaps would be a good deck to use with querents who may be apprehensive about tarot. On the other hand, the facial expressions on the original Conver are what make that deck so perfect.

I do feel that there is room for variety among Marseille decks, and the CBD certainly deserves to occupy a place among the top contenders. My favorite Marseille decks currently are my 1970s Grimaud, the CBD, and the two Flornoy decks. Yoav has done a great job in producing this deck. And it's very nice to see a deck from Israel!

Zephyros

I've been looking to expand my deck collection to Marseilles-style decks and this is one I've had my eye on. Where is sold in Israel?