CBD Tarot de Marseille - new Conver restoration

nemodomi

Hi Yoav,

Welcome back to the forum. I hope you enjoyed your visit to India!

I discovered and fell in love with your CBD Tarot de Marseille right about the time that you embarked upon your journey. I "had to" have one immediately! :) Fortunately, I found (and purchased) a new copy on eBay. Thank you so much for sharing with us that which is obviously a labor of love. I truly treasure it!

And thank you also for sharing your comments here today. I always find it interesting to learn more about a creator's thoughts and feelings that went into his creation. Your posts in face expressions in CBD Tarot de Marseille and colors in the Conver and CBD Tarot de Marseille are most enjoyable, as are your YouTube videos.

Best wishes to you,

Ken

Yoav Ben-Dov

hi ken

thank you! india was wonderful as always, i am now putting pictures on facebook. but one thing puzzles me

I discovered and fell in love with your CBD Tarot de Marseille right about the time that you embarked upon your journey. I "had to" have one immediately! :) Fortunately, I found (and purchased) a new copy on eBay.

how can that be? as far as i know the only copies that exist are those printed by myself, and i didn't sell on ebay. i tried to look it up on ebay but no result. could you enlighten me on this?

thanks, yoav

Chiska

hi ken

thank you! india was wonderful as always, i am now putting pictures on facebook. but one thing puzzles me

how can that be? as far as i know the only copies that exist are those printed by myself, and i didn't sell on ebay. i tried to look it up on ebay but no result. could you enlighten me on this?

thanks, yoav

It is likely that somebody who purchased the deck from you put it on eBay to sell.

Yoav Ben-Dov

It is likely that somebody who purchased the deck from you put it on eBay to sell.

sure, but as ken said the deck was new, i thought it strange. now looking up "eBay cbd tarot" in google i got this (the item is no longer there):

New! CBD Tarot de Marseille by Dr. Yoav Ben-Dov. Expedited shipping available. Returns: Not accepted. Enlarge. Buy It Now, $45.00, Time left:27d 13h 37m ...

as i am selling them for around $30, i am flattered that someone thinks they are worth much more, but.. well, i guess that to avoid such things i should put the cards on ebay myself.

nemodomi

...how can that be?... as far as i know the only copies that exist are those printed by myself, and i didn't sell on ebay. i tried to look it up on ebay but no result. could you enlighten me on this?

Sure, Yoav. Very shortly I'll send you a PM with a link to the seller's page, and a link to the item I purchased. As Chiska alluded to above, I have the impression that this seller purchases decks from various overseas (to the US) dealers and then resells them on eBay.

Ken

Teheuti

My deck arrived, thank you! How beautiful it is - cleaned up lines but not as mechanical looking as some digitalized decks. The card stock is perfect and shuffles beautifully - a joy to use. The readings are so right-on (always a good test!). I even like your LWP (little white paper) - succinct yet appropriate, although I want more info in the Minor Pips and why/how you came up with their keywords. Congratulations on a wonderful, fresh and very professional version of the Conver deck.

gregory

sure, but as ken said the deck was new, i thought it strange. now looking up "eBay cbd tarot" in google i got this (the item is no longer there):

New! CBD Tarot de Marseille by Dr. Yoav Ben-Dov. Expedited shipping available. Returns: Not accepted. Enlarge. Buy It Now, $45.00, Time left:27d 13h 37m ...

as i am selling them for around $30, i am flattered that someone thinks they are worth much more, but.. well, i guess that to avoid such things i should put the cards on ebay myself.
I would. There are quite a few people who do this - some of them, sadly, post here :(

Yoav Ben-Dov

My deck arrived, thank you! How beautiful it is - cleaned up lines but not as mechanical looking as some digitalized decks. The card stock is perfect and shuffles beautifully - a joy to use. The readings are so right-on (always a good test!). I even like your LWP (little white paper) - succinct yet appropriate, although I want more info in the Minor Pips and why/how you came up with their keywords. Congratulations on a wonderful, fresh and very professional version of the Conver deck.

thank you teheuti! i am now having my tarot book translated to english, when the part about the number cards is done i think i will make it available online.

nemodomi

I would. There are quite a few people who do this - some of them, sadly, post here :(

I guess I'm still new here; would you indulge me? I don't understand why it is sad that such people post here; maybe you could explain this to me. The ebay seller in my case provided me a valuable service; had she not been there to sell me my CBD deck, I would have had to wait an additional six weeks or more to receive it from Yoav.

Yoav Ben-Dov

The ebay seller in my case provided me a valuable service; had she not been there to sell me my CBD deck, I would have had to wait an additional six weeks or more

you are pefectly right, nemodomi, and i am sorry to have brought up the point in this manner - i guess it is still difficult for me to release control of what happens with "my" cards.. but as you say, this person did a service for you, and i also realized that she invested an effort to put up a nice ebay page with pictures, which completely justifies the extra price.. so i can find no fault or blame in this.

still, i suggest that if someone wants to re-sell the cbd tarot on a commercial basis, that he/she would write me and get a reduced "reseller" price, so that the final price to the buyer is not so different from a direct order.

wish a happy weekend for all concerned.