Decision spread recommendation

fallingstarheart

I'm at a huge cross road that will most likely shape the rest of my life or at least impact it in a considerable way, what spreads would you recommend?

I never thought of saying this, but, karmic repercussion is also considered.

Chiriku

I have done a lot of choice readings for people and I have found that the most effective and clear route has been to designate a card (or multiple cards, your choice) for each of the potential paths from which you can choose and then step back and compare and contrast all your options.

So, for instance, if you are choosing between studying biology, studying chemistry, or leaving university to focus on your artwork, you might do a 3x3 choices spread:

1--2--3-------------4-5-6-----------7-8-9

with 1-2-3 representing biology, 4-5-6 representing chemistry, etc.

If you are reading for yourself and have a very clouded/unobjective view, in my opinion it is better to stick to one card per choice/option.

Then, after you have made your choice, there is this spread (Growth Through Choice) to help deconstruct it:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=181546

love_light

I've been using simple 3-card "choices spread" lately when I need to make up my mind about which direction I should go. I lay the cards out 1 -- 2 --- 3 or perhaps

1. What will be the likely outcome if I choose choice 1?
2. What will be the likely outcome if I choose choice 2?
3. What advice do I need to take into consideration when making this choice?

Or some derivative of this.

Legion

place one base card close to you on the table. This card is the situation a it looks now, and why it does look that way.

The place three sets of two cards, one above the other (Not on top, you want them to make a line), and each of these sets will show a path towards your goal, or the ultimate outcome.

Above the whole reading, place one final card to represent that final outcome. It will have three different meanings (Or the same meaning) depending on which of the three paths you see it with.

1. The Now
2. Path one
3. Path two
4. Path three
5. Outcome.

If you want, you can ad more cards to the paths, making them three or four cards long. It'll get bigger, and possibly make the situation easier to read.

fallingstarheart

Thanks a bunch everyone, I have used all the given recommendations :)

Legion, it occurred to me using that spread as a sort of steping stone regarding the choices, in some cases one could be under a situation where the undecisiveness is due to not knowing which step to first take. For example one has an objective in mind and in order to accomplish said objective one would have to acomodate the stepping stones, let's say those steppings stones are A and B but it is not clear if it's better to first put B as the first stone, then A.... One would keep no 1 as the significator and ask about taking B (2,2) as the first step, and then A (3,3), what would be the outcome (5)?, then ask the oposite.... and draw the cards.

Love_light I just love three card spreads, in that spread one could draw three cards as the options and read that string as a whole, love it.

Chiriku, I also like contemplative spreads, well... Maybe I call them that way because I'm somewhat slow reading the tarot hehe.