Best Tarot Card Printer?

Deaux

Those are some really interesting points above!

I hadn't thought about the differences in playing vs tarot/trading cards, but it makes sense that playing cards need to shuffle easily and stand up well to wear, and that registration matters a lot. A crease or color fleck chip or slight registration issue on the back of a card adds character to a Tarot or Oracle deck. But in a game of poker, it could give away the game.

And thanks for the info on why black core stock matters... I'd have never thought of that!

Thalia Took

Just as a sort of random heads-up to add to this thread, makeplayingcards.com won't print nudity (artistic or otherwise); company policy, the lady said.

(this is important to me for reasons.)

reall

lolz never think printing company would have such a strange demand?x,x ;)) try PS?:))

Babalon Jones

Just as a sort of random heads-up to add to this thread, makeplayingcards.com won't print nudity (artistic or otherwise); company policy, the lady said.

so since printerstudio is the same company I suppose they won't either?

I find it so odd they would censor artists.

jalaire

That's odd! Makeplayingcards.com was okay with cartoonish nudity when I printed a test deck of my majors a few months ago. Also printerstudio printed it no problem. Maybe they changed their policy recently or my cartoon boobs aren't "real" enough :)

I've attached one of the cards just as an example:

Attachments

• thestar.jpg
    thestar.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 953

ematuskey

I'm going to be giving these folks a try when it comes time to print:

http://customizedplayingcards.com/custom-tarot-cards/

They were the ones I first spoke to ages ago when I was just starting on my project, and their prices have continued to be very competitive (so long as you're ordering 500-1000 decks, that is :p). I'll still be asking for stock samples from them and a couple other places, but figured I'd throw their name up there!

MandMaud

That's odd! Makeplayingcards.com was okay with cartoonish nudity when I printed a test deck of my majors a few months ago. Also printerstudio printed it no problem. Maybe they changed their policy recently or my cartoon boobs aren't "real" enough :)

I've attached one of the cards just as an example:

Maybe if you ask them whether they do nudity, they don't - but if you just upload your images, they get through? (Like walking into a shop with a half-finished sandwich, rather than checking for the sign on the door that says No Eating... ;))

Cocobird55

I have Gregory's deck with the linen cardstock, and I like it a lot.

MonicaTokarczyk

Desparately Seeking POD in AUD

Hi Earth Angels, I'm looking for a print on demand printer for my oracle cards I've been working on for the past year. I have seen all the overseas sites but the freight is going to kill me!!!! Does anyone know of a company here in Australia (or overseas with reasonable rates) for small volume printing (eg between 50 and 500 decks)???? Thanking you all in anticipation....

gregory

printerstudio.com.

You get free postage if you order more than $30 worth.