True Black Tarot: Humanity as artifacts of our beliefs

Arthurdubya

Haha, I know what you mean! Unfortunately, sometimes the message of the cards is not the prettiest.

I don't think there are many more gruesome images planned, except a couple in the Swords suit (specifically the 10 of Swords). 2 or 3 out of 78 ain't bad!

ldiddy

Fantastic work at the outset! Stick with it and do keep us posted.

Sincerely,
Another Tarot Enthusiast Non-Facebooker

P.S. If you're on twitter, on the other hand... ;)

taureuse

i want to read with this deck already! however, i went to art school for awhile, so i know these things take time... a lot of time, haha

Kalisti

Whoa this deck looks like it's going to end up amazing. That 9 of Swords packs a punch! The Queen of Cups hits home for me, too, especially as a Pisces :) Keep us posted!!

Arthurdubya

I had a couple of people on Facebook make some pretty frustrated comments about that 9 of Swords! Too bad the 10 of Swords will be worse. :D

Thank you for the kind words! I'm working on the King of Cups right now. Do you think it's better to update my first/main post with the image, or to attach it in one of these comments?

Lee

Thank you for the kind words! I'm working on the King of Cups right now. Do you think it's better to update my first/main post with the image, or to attach it in one of these comments?
I'd say post the images in your latest posts, rather than adding them to the first post. That way people following this thread can see the latest images without having to jump back to the first post. In each post, if you wish, you can provide a link to all the images at your site.

Lee, Tarot Deck Creation Moderator

Arthurdubya

Makes sense, will-do!

taureuse

i am curious, what is your favorite card? i think that can say a lot about a person.

edit: i mean like in regards to how your deck will turn out, to keep this on topic haha

Arthurdubya

I actually don't know yet! I've only got ideas for maybe.... 1/3 of the cards? But even those are subject to change, since I'll be consulting with a professional reader to make sure that the symbolism and content is correct.

Buuut, if I HAD to answer, I would say I have high hopes for The Magician and Death. :D

taureuse

I actually don't know yet! I've only got ideas for maybe.... 1/3 of the cards? But even those are subject to change, since I'll be consulting with a professional reader to make sure that the symbolism and content is correct.

Buuut, if I HAD to answer, I would say I have high hopes for The Magician and Death. :D

haha, such dramatic cards! i'm interested to see what you'll do with the hermit, the tower, and the devil, too, considering how dramatic that rabbit is... i really like the aesthetic of your cards so far! some of the more "crowded" cards with multiple figures may be a bit difficult to simplify without getting rid of too much symbolic imagery, like the five of swords maybe. that's one i didn't really start to understand until recently, and i've been reading my trusty rws for two years now... now i really wish i had time to draw!!!