Full Moon in Pisces

Minderwiz

The Full Moon in Pisces occurs on Wednesday 10th September at 17:37 BST. The main feature is a see saw between Jupiter, Mercury, Sun and Venus (the latter three in conjunction) in Virgo and Mars, Uranus and the Moon in Pisces. This gives the chart a Water/Earth balance with only Neptune in Air (Aquarius) and Pluto in Fire (Sagittarius).

As with the New Moon, Mercury rules all either directly or indirectly, yet Mercury remains retrograde and therefore bringing plans to fruition at this time may be difficult to achieve without significant effort. At the New Moon it was a time to reassess and get ready to press ahead when Mercury turns Direct, at the Full Moon this is now only ten days away, on the 20th of September.

As well as Mercury the other significant planet is Jupiter – traditional ruler of Pisces, it rules the Moon, Mars and Uranus in that sign as well as Pluto in Sagittarius. Modern Astrologers give primary rulership of Pisces to Neptune, and invest it with Neptunian qualities of dreaminess, and other worldliness. At best Pisces is seen as indicating a great desire to merge with the universal spirit, at worst as seeking refuge in drugs and alcohol. It is worth remembering that Jupiter was also known to the Romans as Jupiter Pluvius – the god of rain, and the bringer of fertility to the land. For the last 1500 years or so the Spring Equinox, viewed sidereally, has occurred in Pisces. Here Jupiter definitely has a Watery connection, providing the rain that will lead to Spring growth. Pisces is a fertile sign, and that fertility extends not just to nature but also to the spiritual. However Pisces does not have the drive of Aries – Lilly called it ‘an idle, effeminate, sickly sign’ – Pisces and action do not go together. So again this is a time to wait, to fertilise the inner self and prepare for the Cardinal New Moon in Libra.

The continuing conjunction of Mars and Uranus indicates possible sudden, dramatic, action, when they are direct this action may well be decisive – with both retrograde this action may be accidental, ill-directed or ill controlled. Ruled by Jupiter and in opposition to Jupiter there is always the possibility of grandiose ideas and grand gestures that backfire and lead to one being in hot water. So if you are considering ending a project with a larger than life gesture – be careful.

oceanpoetry

good! glad Mercury going direct in a week or so! :)

Thanks for posting the full moon report, Minderwiz. I have a question about this:

"As well as Mercury the other significant planet is Jupiter – traditional ruler of Pisces, it rules the Moon, Mars and Uranus in that sign as well as Pluto in Sagittarius."

How does Mercury rule the Moon, is that because the New Moon was in Virgo this month? I'm not sure I understand you on this.

Minderwiz

The Full Moon is in Pisces and is therefore disposited (ruled) by Jupiter (traditional ruler). In turn Jupiter is in Virgo, ruled by Mercury. Mercury is itself in Virgo, so it has no dispositor, being in the sign of its own rulership. So we have a dispositor chain - Mercury rules Jupiter which rules the Moon - ultimately the Moon 'answers' to Mercury.

Indeed the only three planets outside of Pisces or Virgo are Saturn in Cancer(ruled by the Moon and hence the dispositor chain goes back to Mercury), Neptune in Aquarius (ruled by Saturn, and hence the dispositor chain goes back to Mercury) and Pluto in Sagittarius (ruled by Jupiter and the chain goes back to Mercury). Indeed Mercury is the'sole dispositor' in the chart - one way or another all other planets are ruled by him.

Now this works only if we use traditional rulers for this chart - Modern rulerships would make Neptune and Uranus in mutual reception (each other's signs) and Mars and the Moon would be ruled by Neptune. However at best I treat the modern rulers as having some strength in the sign but the 'real' rulers are the traditional ones.

oceanpoetry

okay - I see the relationships now! If Mercury rules the chart for the full moon, that seems to me theme is "communication" - (especially with Mercury Rx and Mars Rx) time to slow down and reflect on what we want to say or to understand more deeply why there might be miscommunication between ourselves and others. Mercury Rx and Mars Rx are definitely running a lot of interference right now, which significantly influences this full moon...I will be really glad when Mercury goes direct 9/20!!!!

Minderwiz

Yes, that's it.

Mercury is running the show but also running backwards at the same time LOL. I think you are right, the theme is communication but I would add communication with effort - because it has to be worked on, especially with Mars Rx as well.

However, stopping, rechecking and rechecking again may actually lead to much better planning and communication.

Royal Cat

Minderwiz,
Just wanted to say thanks! I always enjoy reading your 'full moon' posts.

:)
Cat