Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

cherylleebest

newbie want to join IDS

Hi
I'm a total newb but keen with it. I've already started a journal thread, but I need to change the name, as I'm studying the whole deck, not just the Fool as it appears to say.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=111181
I will contact tech support to change the name to "newbie tarot journal" or sometnhing like that.

Anyway, I'm starting from scratch just looking at the pictures and symbolism and noting down observations. I'm also "spending time" with each card to see how it might resonate with me, and posting my thoughts on the above link. Is that the kind of thing involved here, are is what I'm doing too basic?

rwcarter

Hi cherylleebest,

Welcome to AT!

As I've said time and again and will continue to say, the IDS is what you want it to be. Right now it sounds like you're doing what many folks have done and are doing - a card by card study of your deck. Whether you choose to do anything else with your deck, how long you choose to study each card or the whole deck, etc is up to you.

Just post back what deck you're using and I'll add you to the master list. Welcome to the IDS!

Rodney

cherylleebest

Ids

The deck I have is simply tarot. It appears to be a beginner's version of Rider-Waite.

Skimo

Since a few weeks, I am suffering from a tarot buying fever...

But yesterday I have received a deck that makes me want to IDS again due to its intensity... the Deviant Moon.

I have already begin to trim it (couldn't stand the white borders!) and I would like to begin a 78 day IDS as soon as I will have finished the trimming process.

My pledge :

1) Read with the Deviant Moon every day

2) Don't look at or read with any other tarot or oracle (except checking a new deck)

3) Journal one card a day and post it on the study group

4) I will allow myself one tarot book : the Process (hope I will receive it soon)

Have a nice day!

rwcarter

Welcome back Skimo! 78 weeks with the Deviant Moon? Ambitious, but I'm sure you'll do well with it.

I've added both you and cherylleebest to the master list.

Rodney

Skimo

Thank you!

78 weeks is may be a little too ambitious, that's why I have chosen 78 days ;o)

rwcarter

Skimo said:
Thank you!

78 weeks is may be a little too ambitious, that's why I have chosen 78 days ;o)
That'll teach me to skim, huh? :laugh:

So you're going for the I in IDS, huh? 78 days to go through an entire deck is way intense. I'll be interested in seeing how that works for you.

Rodney

Hemera

I have returned back to my good old Faerie Tarot. I am continuing with IDSing this deck now. It speaks to me, even more clearly now after having been away from it for many weeks. I will leave the Legacy for now..

I´m off posting Faerie things to the Study Group area now...:)

Kissa

can i use a Marseilles deck?

Skimo

Day 1

Kissa said:
can i use a Marseilles deck?

I guess you can use any deck you want to.

I have finished to trim the deviant moon yesterday evening and have received the book I was waiting for. I am ready to begin today.