Intensive Deck Study Support Lounge - Part V

Bat Chicken

Sounds like an amazing article...

After the week I have had, I have been pretty inconsistent with my IDS. I would like, however, to write an article for a Health magazine on:
"Colonoscopy Preparation - the Do's and Don't's That Will Save Your A**" I wish someone had....

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Wendywu

I get two or three of those a year BC - I could write a book ......

Ironwing is very supportive though, and took my mind of the last lot of prep.

WonderGuy

i want to join with Rider Waite Smith (starting March 1st, until June 1st)

I will
-Only use Rider Waite Smith.
-Read only material for my system.
-Handle my deck every day.
-Do a daily one card draw and 3 card draw every few days.

I will not
-Look at or handle any other deck.
-Will not order another deck.

thanks!
Cy

ncefafn

WonderGuy said:
I will not
-Look at or handle any other deck.
-Will not order another deck.

thanks!
Cy

Wow, now that's commitment. You really are a Wonder Guy!

Wendywu

I thought that too. I only read with or study Ironwing but I will admit that I have bought several decks since October/November. I do check the decks when they arrive, drool slightly but then I am very good and put them up on the shelf. Except that I did trim one the other day, but I really needed a nice soothing job, and I find trimming a very comforting thing to do.

rwcarter

Since I haven't posted in the new thread yet, I thought I'd post about an IDS. But not mine, of course. :D I just read and gave feedback on zan_chan's reading for me in this week's IDS Exchange. As I said in the thread, if this were the Olympics, I'd have to give him a perfect score and the gold medal. He and Hermann make a great pair.

Rodney

thorhammer

You're in, WonderGuy! Just to clarify - did you mean you won't read anything unless it's got to do with the RWS? Not even newspapers and the backs of cereal boxes??? :bugeyed: LOL
rwcarter said:
Since I haven't posted in the new thread yet, I thought I'd post about an IDS. But not mine, of course. :D I just read and gave feedback on zan_chan's reading for me in this week's IDS Exchange. As I said in the thread, if this were the Olympics, I'd have to give him a perfect score and the gold medal. He and Hermann make a great pair.
Yay for Zan! Thanks for posting that, Rodney, it's encouragement like that that keeps one going in the darker times with their decks. Much appreciated :)

\m/ Kat

rwcarter

Well, now I actually have something to post about my own IDS. I just posted on three cards in the Mythic Study Group - Emperor, Hierophant and Lovers. My next post, the Chariot, will be my first new thread for the study group.

Rodney

zan_chan

Wow! Thank's so much for that, Rodney. Your reading felt very right as I was doing it so its great to have that feeling manifest into some actual understanding.

Kat's quite right, too. Having some encouragement to keep on truckin' is a great thing.

Welcome to the group, Wonderguy! Which edition of the RWS are you using? Not to be too enabling or anything, but I just got the PCS Commemorative Set last week and it's heaaaaaaavenly!! :laugh: Don't get me started again. I posted about ten times in the enabling thread about my love for it.

Oh right. I've bought, er, a, hmm, couple of decks since my IDS started too....

vess913

I've been going back and forth with myself about starting an IDS, but I think I'm just gonna go ahead and jump in and see if I float.

I'll be using Tarot of the Sweet Twilight from March 1st to March 31st, and I might extend it if I can get through the month. I've been using it exclusively for a little over a week now, but I'm going to give myself a few days to get used to the idea of using only ST for a month.

My own personal guidelines:

1. Four 1-3 card readings for daily guidance per week, minimum.
2. Avoid other decks as much as possible - easy since they are already all stuffed in a box in my closet.
3. At least one 'client profile' reading per week.
4. Try to get the nerve to do at least one reading exchange per week here on AT.

I think I should keep it short or I'll get too antsy to break out another deck, haha.