View Single Post
Citizen

Aeon418 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyros View Post
Are there any forums that you could recommend?
I really wish I could make some recommendations. At one time I used to be quite active on a number of forums. Between 2000 to 2005 I divided my time between a variety of Occult/New Age forums. But as time went by I either stopped posting, or the forums died off. This place was the one exception. Due to Similia/Grigori the Thoth forum started to metamorphose into something bigger and better, and over time I ended up posting here exclusively.

For the last few days I've been searching around for a new forum that might be reasonably "accommodating" to the Thoth-ers on here, but so far I've come up empty.

The New Age/Tarot forums I've looked at seem a little too narrow in their focus. The wider scope of Thoth related discussion we enjoy here might not go down too well. A full scale decamp to such a forum might seem like a bunch of bikers gatecrashing a prom night.

The other option of occult/esoteric themed forums is a different kettle of fish. While the Thelema/Crowley stuff would go unnoticed, tying it all back to the Thoth Tarot might be a problem. On top of that, such forums seem to have an uncanny knack of attracting a certain kind of darker-than-thou teenage male, with a few screws loose, and a chip on the shoulder.

I've seen Eshelman's forum mentioned here, but it's not really a general forum. It's more an 'outer court' or portal for the College/Temple of Thelema, and is moderated accordingly.

One of the most promising suggestions I've seen so far is setting up a basic forum board and carrying on as usual. However I'm not particularly tech savvy and don't quite understand how such forum can be free. I'm assuming there will be adverts all over the place and the registered users email addresses will be sold on to third parties?
http://www.freeforums.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyros View Post
And for the record, thank you. You've been among my greatest teachers, and I'll miss your posts a lot. (:
Thank you for being the final Mod of the Thoth sub forum. Being a Mod is often a thankless task, and requires a degree of "professional detachment" and impartiality that is sometimes difficult to maintain.
Top   #20