thorhammer

Essjay said:
High everyone *waves weakly*
. . .
Radiant RW
Druidcraft
Pearls of Wisdom
Bohemian Gothic

These are amongst my favourites and I don't spend enough time with them.

Any advice for a lapsed IDSer?
Hi, Essjay :) Nice to see you here! That's one hell of a selection you've got going on - three of them I think are great decks for an IDS. ;) I look forward to seeing the results of your choosing :)

\m/ Kat

Hooked on TdM

thorhammer said:
Oh, mate :) it's taken longer for you than it did me, but I was so there! I took, like, two or three weeks totally away from Tarot! I think I even stopped coming here for a bit . . . it passed. Don't fret - that makes it worse! At some point, suddenly the love for Tarot will flood back into your soul and you'll be all refreshed. Don't be too hard on yourself.

\m/ Kat

Thanks Kat. That makes me feel better. I have been fretting. It's like a giant toad squatting on my brain. I will do my reading exchange and try to just go with the flow. :)

Hooked

SolSionnach

re: Liber T
Onyx said:
I felt the same way until I spent a couple of months alone with the deck.

I actually took Scion's PDF to Kinkos had them copy it out (you should have seen their faces, Ha!)
:cool5:
Onyx said:
and bound it like a spiral. I had them just copy on one side of the page and then used the other side as a journal for my notes. I used that for the pips and I used the DuQuette book for the Majors, Courts and Aces. It is the beautiful Trumps, Courts and Aces that draw me back to the deck.
I can see how those would do it for you. They are truly beautiful, and I think that some of them (death comes to mind) are a distinct improvement on Thoth. I rather like Adjustment in Thoth better, there you go.
Onyx said:
Three fourths the way through I thought once I was done I would never pick up the deck again but low and behold, I like it now. My break through was not on the Egyptian Mythological/Astrological side but that I really was able to open myself up more intuitively than ever before with that deck.
Of course, that's what Emily talks about, too - and Scion. That it's an amazing intuitive deck. I'm thinking again about whether or not to use it.
Onyx said:
It is not for everyone and the images do still make me blush but it can be a good deck.
Onyx.
Yes, blushing! :eek: 10 cups OMG lol.
Emily said:
I too still think the Liber T is a deck that takes a little time getting used to, some of the artwork is extreme - its not pretty or overly colourful, human figures are distorted - but its a deck that goes deeper than the artwork.
I think the deck is quite colorful, and I really love Serio's artwork - it's just the (to me) nightmarish imagery on the pips that has me a bit spooked. I find the imagery quite dream-like, in the "I just woke up and feel queasy because my dream was way too deep" kind of way.
Emily said:
When I first started working with it, I thought the artwork was a kind of test, with all the blood and some of the cards being disturbing - its not till you really start working with the deck that it comes alive, you start to understand why the artwork is like it is. The beauty of this deck is hidden from view until you can get past the artwork.
Can you elaborate on that? Though perhaps it's beyond telling in words... Why do you think the artwork is like it is? I certainly can identify with it being a kind of test...
Emily said:
I've posted on here about my uneasy start with this deck when it first came out, it probably spent more time in the post than it did at my house and when I traded it,
LOL :D
Emily said:
I had no thoughts of replacing it. But a few years later I did and I've used this deck now for over a year. I can't find a deck that really holds a candle to it so for now I'm content to carry on and just use it. I'm not really studying it now, just using it. I am also using Lenormand cards though, I thought I could do with a change of pace, seeing as I can't find another tarot deck I really want to have an indepth study with. :)
I can certainly understand that!
I'm seriously considering returning to the usual GD elemental attribs (swords/air, wands/fire etc), because I don't see any way to use that deck otherwise.
One thing that I really like about it is that the astrological attribs are so easy to see - they are so hidden in Thoth that it's distracting to look for them.
Emily said:
The Liber T is a hard deck to get into but it is so worth it, if you can get past the artwork and understand it. Nothing worth doing is ever easy. :)

You know even just by going on the most basic of keywords, that doesn't look like a bad reading. It might if you were taking RWS symbolism into consideration too.
I didn't find it a particularly bad reading, though the swords were a bit troubling (especially as they are so g_d-awful in GD thought).
Emily said:
8 Swords - Influencing - What made you choose the Liber T? Was it all the discussion that had been going on about it? Were you influenced? Is it the kind of deck you wouldn't normally go for? The large figure on the card is showing his hands, open handed - he isn't hiding anything.
I'm not sure what made me pull that deck out of the drawer to consider - it was odd: Liber T + pip decks. :) I have been curious about the deck, and bought it again because of the *testimony* of people like you, QJ, Scion, etc. I find that I'm drawn to it, but I'm also a bit afraid of it - I find it quite dark, really, and I'm not sure if that's the best thing for me right now. It definitely isn't the kind of deck I usually go for (though I studied thoth for quite a while years ago).

I did notice that the figure on the card was not intimidating at all. But I was wondering about the two ass-headed beings who are worshipping him. What's that all about? :bugeyed:
Emily said:
2 Cups - Love - A human figure on the card - open to new ideas, standing firm - a pretty card to look at.
I agree.
Emily said:
2 Swords - Restored Peace - Also Truce - This shows the worries you have about the deck - You might struggle with it but again look at the figures on the card - there is a balance there - dark and light.
I see that.
Emily said:
The Cup Princess - not as powerful as the Queen but still a feel-good card - she is the most compassionate and loving of the princesses.

The clarification card for the Sword 8, the Wand Princess - well she's creative, fiery and up for the fight lol
That hairdo kills me (also on the Thoth).
Emily said:
I know you've decided to move on but I just wanted to show you that even when Liber T looks bad, it can be really sweet. :)

I've had some gut-punching readings from this deck too, especially at the beginning when I felt it was testing me - I still remember having a bad day and getting the Sword 7 - Weakness - that shows a headless man - and Oh Boy did I feel like that man lol There have been many other times when just one card can sum up a situation and have made the hairs rise on the back of my neck.
Thanks for your response, Emily. I knew that you would rise to the occasion! :)

I'm going to pull it out again tonight, shuffle it, and see what comes up. And then go to bed and see if I can survive my dreams! LOL
More later...

SolSionnach

Hooked on TdM said:
Thanks Kat. That makes me feel better. I have been fretting. It's like a giant toad squatting on my brain. I will do my reading exchange and try to just go with the flow. :)

Hooked
Toad squatting on your brain?
I think I need to wash *my* brain! What an image!

Wait!!!! I think... Yes... it's somewhere in Liber T!!!

:D :D :D :p

Essjay

thorhammer said:
Hi, Essjay :) Nice to see you here! That's one hell of a selection you've got going on - three of them I think are great decks for an IDS. ;) I look forward to seeing the results of your choosing :)

\m/ Kat

Hi Kat!

After my shortlist making I've made a trade and am thinking about doing it with the Liber t! I've got Scion's guide so I'll post on here when I decide. During my summer away from the IDS I have really let my reading go - I don't think I appreciated how good it was when I was doing it before!!!

:)

SolSionnach

sravana said:
I'm going to pull it out again tonight, shuffle it, and see what comes up. And then go to bed and see if I can survive my dreams! LOL
More later...
Well. That was interesting.
I pulled the 2/Cups again! Do you think that Liber T is wooing me?

;)

Emily

I used to get the Empress a lot which is a card I love.

The Liber T is a deck that pushes, when I did my dailies I would often get the same cards over and over again until I had the feeling that I was missing something. And in a way I was because when I started to read more intuitively then the other images on the repeat cards would stand out.

I don't always use the whole card image, especially the Minors with their smaller images - sometimes just one part of the image seems to stand out and this is what I focus on. :)

If you only do dailies with it for a week or so and see how the readings go. You might find the deck starts to grow on you. :)

Emily

This is what I mean about the Liber T - my son is having a few eye problems - we've found out that his right eye has a squint, I've beaten myself up about it for the last few weeks, he has limited vision out of his right eye. This morning we had the letter from the eye hospital and we've got an appointment to see if they can help him. I think he's too old and the only thing they will offer is an operation to improve the look of his eye which is unnecessary because to look at him, you can't tell there is anything wrong.

I've just been idling shuffling the Liber T, thinking about my son, his eye and the appointment, I turn over a card and its the Devil with its eye in the middle of its forehead. I've never read what the LWB says about the Devil so I thought I would read it.

Quote - With the Right Eye create your situation and with the Left absorb everything else created. - Unquote.

I think it is saying that it's something he's going to have to live with, like he has been, and to just carry on.

rwcarter

Emily said:
I don't always use the whole card image, especially the Minors with their smaller images - sometimes just one part of the image seems to stand out and this is what I focus on. :)
I've been doing this with the Ancient Egyptian. Since I've spent so much time studying the various symbols in the cards, I now have a better idea of when a card is telling me to use its meaning and when its telling me to use one or more symbols in the card regardless of what the meaning may be.

Rodney

thorhammer

Hi, everyone :) I sincerely hope that everyone is going well - getting over the humps and bumps, enjoying the good times :)

Can I get everyone who sees this post to check the list and PM me if they're not on it, and should be, or are and shouldn't be, or if I've got the wrong deck listed for you?

Thanks!

\m/ Kat