rose quartz crystal

cozmo0_4

I went to meditate last night and got my rose quartz out and it's pretty much turned white.
I have a second smaller one and checked that - still pink.
They're in a drawer next to my bed, so no direct sunlight, and I've not been using it a lot.
I only got it at Christmas.
Anyone have any ideas ?
Have I sucked the life out of it ?

WolfSwan

I've heard of this happening on a psychteachers podcast! I think you can probably Google it as well because it seems fairly common! I've never had this happen though :)

cozmo0_4

I've heard of this happening on a psychteachers podcast! I think you can probably Google it as well because it seems fairly common! I've never had this happen though :)

Ok thanks. I'll go to Google then.

Aster Breo

That happened to a small amethyst sphere I had several years ago. It was stored completely out of sunlight, but still faded -- all the way to white in some places.

I can't explain it scientifically. Psychicly (I know -- not a word), I think it was just overloaded. I used to hold it when my migraine symptoms were especially bad.

cozmo0_4

That's interesting. My friend bought me this specifically to use as I was going through a tough time with my love life. I've yet to get hold of her as she knows all things crystal. But I did check on Google and there were many differing opinions about why this happens. Some say it's just the kind of crystal, others say there's so much negativity put into the stone. But I was using it for self love, so think I've just sucked the life right out of it.

lucid_dawn

Apparently it can happen from temperature too but it can't be too hot in a drawer or even in your hand but I suspect a change in temperature might still be the cause http://www.quartzpage.de/rose.html

yannie

Haha, happened to my rose quartz too.

Have you tried green kyanite? It heals the heart chakra and helps to align all your chakras. It doesn't hold on to any energetic gunk it absorbs so never needs cleansing (just charging under the sun or moonlight will do).

I love my kyanite chunks - apart from green I have blue for throat, & black for base. They give me an instant "Ahhhhhhhh..." feeling. Google kyanite!

cozmo0_4

Haha, happened to my rose quartz too.

Have you tried green kyanite? It heals the heart chakra and helps to align all your chakras. It doesn't hold on to any energetic gunk it absorbs so never needs cleansing (just charging under the sun or moonlight will do).

I love my kyanite chunks - apart from green I have blue for throat, & black for base. They give me an instant "Ahhhhhhhh..." feeling. Google kyanite!

Ooh. I'll have a Google of that now. Thank you. I could do with an Ahhh feeling.

WolfSwan

Strawberry quartz is filled with universal love energy and one of my favourite stones, as well as Aurora crystals. Those are big on the ahhhh feeling šŸ˜Š

Padma

Prehnite is also soothing and calming for the heart, as well as healing and protective. It is a beautiful light green.

You might also consider watermelon tourmaline, which is both green and pink... :) covers both the upper and lower heart chakra. It is also a water element stone, and so is soothing to the emotions.