A look into the future

WolfyJames

The images are very pretty so far. Keep it up.

Little Hare

cirom said:
I decided earlier that I would'nt attempt any more decks.... but I was provided with access to some incredible reference material from ancient manuscripts that changed everything....I don't know if I'll ever actually finish this project but either way here is a sample of one of the first images.

Inspired by a girl I saw at a recent new age/wiccan art festival I attended, she was a dancer that peformed there and immediately I envisioned her (albeit with a different costume and hairstyle etc) as my Queen of Wands.

She is a perfect queen of wands!

Pumpkin

That is beautiful. She looks like she is looking right at you. So alive.

lelandra

cirom said:
All you comments were valid and made perfect sense. How best to treat the Pages Queens and Kings is what I struggle with most. Unlike other characters in the deck whose stories can be better told along with other artifacts, costumes or the general action of the scene, I try and capture the essence of these particular Royals more by their personalities as portrayed by their facial expressions.

Body types are another place you can go in differentiating between suits and harkening back to older streams of knowledge (traditional western medicine notions of temperament e.g. choleric, sanguine, melancholic, phlegmatic)

For some reason, this seems to be rarely done in decks. Perhaps it is the domination of the beloved size 2 waif physique...

tabi

Damn damn damn....here I go lusting after another one of your decks, Ciro! I have both the Gilded and Tarot of Dreams, both of which are well loved and well used.

The Queen of Wands is absolutely amazing she reminds me of an anicent Romanian Gyspy that holds all of her secrets in her eyes while reading you as if you're were written in text and not emotions. Unfortunatley, the Fool seems closed off to me, by both is body language and the curtain behind him, for some reason. :confused:

Ah well it isn't going to stop be from encouraging Tim from buying more pc games so I can justifing this deck when it is finished. :)

cirom

tabi said:
Unfortunatley, the Fool seems closed off to me, by both is body language and the curtain behind him, for some reason. :confused:
:)

I agree...
I wasn't happy with it either, here's an update.

Attachments

• T3-FOOL.jpg
    T3-FOOL.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 423

tabi

Oooo....I like him! I love the idea of the cards flipping/floating out of the box. I also like the hat a great deal more. I always got the picture of the Devil and not the Fool when I seen the other hat. :confused:

I must admit that I'm in awe of everything you make. :) And always look forward to seeing more.

AprilFool

I love the addition of the cards in your new version of the FOOL. What a great idea! I must say that I also liked his LACK of eyes in the first version. He looked particularly unaware of his surroundings not only from Foolishness, but from literally having his eyes covered. But perhaps the eyes being revealed in the new version allows us to imagine WHY he is blind, more than just being shown him as blindFOLDED. Either way, the new version is much more unique than the old!

Mimers

Mimers said:
We are made of the dust of stars intermingled with the essence of spirit. We don the mask of our bodies as we prepare to enter the world of time and begin a new journey called life.

He will enter at just the perfect point in time to begin his life. He is still unburdened with any earthly restrictions. The veil that will keep him from remembering his true home starts to obscure his view.

Ciro, this is a beautiful fool card. I have always thought of the fool as the soul just before it comes down to earth. So beautiful and so rich.

Love it.

I really loved the first one. It really struck me. But I do love this one as well. Keep em coming Ciro!

cirom

No parlor tricks or performance. This Magician is a man who through learning and knowledge seeks to understand the forces and workings of nature. Knowledge is indeed power, and to those who don't understand, its demonstration may well appear to be as magic.
Having said that, if you can see it, a certain dexterity helps :)

Attachments

• T3magician.jpg
    T3magician.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 438