*bounces around*

Hush

i got the faerie oracle!!!!!!!!!

*swoons* its beaaaaaaaautiful and great :)

the books really good too because yeh, its good. hehehe.

i dont actually have much to say except yay new-deck-ness.

does anyone else have it?

as soon as i looked through the deck 'Himself' totally called out me, im in love with that card. heh.

kayne

I collect books by Brian Froud but don't have the oracle yet... It's on the list... I think I have most of the images in his books. He was the artistic director of The Dark Crystal and Labrynth. Can you see the influence? You have to check out the book Good Faeries Bad Faeries. It is really brilliant (and well written too :) )

Check out his excellent site: http://faeries.net

faunabay

This is on the top of my wishlist!!!!! I just love the artwork :* You'll have to let us know how it works as an oracle. I want it just for the artwork now, but am curious about the reading part????

Scorpion

Hi, Hush!

Looks like I'm the first person to weigh in who actually owns this deck but hasn't seen any of the other artwork.

Yes, it's fantastic: I love just about all of them - from the Topsie Turvets to the Friends, round the Singer of Transfiguration and back to poor little Indi (my heart just bleeds for him!). I have had it a while now but haven't got round to using it as an oracle as I got quite a few Tarot decks and other Oracles around the same time, but I can just sit and look at the cards for hours! The book's very accessible and surprisingly down to earth, given the subject.

I took it with me when I was reading for a friend because I suspected her little girl would fall in love with them - and sure enough she kept perfectly quiet while I was reading. The only problem was persuading her that they were coming home with me!

Kiama

kayne (11 Feb, 2002 22:41):
I collect books by Brian Froud but don't have the oracle yet... It's on the list... I think I have most of the images in his books. He was the artistic director of The Dark Crystal and Labrynth. Can you see the influence? You have to check out the book Good Faeries Bad Faeries. It is really brilliant (and well written too :) )

Check out his excellent site: http://faeries.net

SYNCHRONICITY!!!! Woah! Funnily enough, I just had a friend of mine round, who told me, almost in those exact words, that Froud did Dark Crystal and Labyrinth (Love the films!).... Spooky. As for his artwork, I really love it too!

Kiama

.dc

i've had the deck for about a year now and found that it works great in conjunction (the great one?) with my primary deck and my daily 3 card spread.

basically i draw my mind-body-spirit with my tarot deck and then i draw a helper card from the faeries deck as a guide for the day. or sometimes, when i do not have much time to do my daily tarot readings, i will just shuffle the faerie deck and draw a card that will guide me thru my days until i feel the need to pull another one.

and i've had nothing but great results doing this. glad to hear you got the deck and i hope it works for ya.

blessed be,
.dc

slinky_jo

HEY! I just got this deck too! Got it for my b-day last week. Wow - this deck really imparts a sense of magick, of hidden secrets. I know that this deck has a lot to show me, if I look hard enough. I can imagine myself studying it at the end of my garden (which really does have a "funny feeling" about it) - who knows, I might end up seeing real faeries!

Hush

hey i was looking at good faeires/bad faeries and the one about pressed faeries in a shop the other day, they look soooo good!! i really wanted to get them but brother was harassing me (he's the most cynical person alive spo the shop we were in was driving him insane) and then random girls started talking to me for no reason so i made a quick escape from the shop, hehe.

and i loe the oracle so far. i haven't actually done a spread or anything, but ive done 3 of the 'exercises' form the book. that deck is so...mischevious!

i had one of the cards, gawtcha, on my mind all day because i was thinking about the living by intuition aspect of it, and then later i was doing an exercise type thing where u put the whole deck randomly infront of you, backs facing you, and focus and run your hands over all the cards finding the one that pulls you to pick it up.

as i was doing i could hear gawtcha in my head, and un suprisingly he was the card i picked.

it was quite comical at the time considering he'd been nagging me all day...*grins*

kayne

There were a series of four books called "Faerielands" planned by different fantasy writers collaborating with Brian Froud. Only two were published (for whatever reason...) in the hard cover, illustrated noval fromat and they are fantastic! The first: "The Wild Wood" by Charles De Lint and the second: Something Rich and Strange" by Patricia A. McKillip. You just reminded me of these books Hush :)

Brian Froud designed some tarot cards which are part of the illustration in the book "The Dreaming Place" also by Chales De Lint. They are American indian influenced and have 'reversed' pictures. Veyr interesting :)

rostie

i ordered the deck because it looks so beautifull, so strong. now i'm still more curious about it, i can't wait to see it, feel it! i have also a book of him but i don't remember the title, it's not good faeries, bad faeries. when i saw that he also had an oracle i was so, i can't explain how i felt, just anxious to have it.
if you want to know more about it from the people here, by the section astrology and divination you will find a few topics about it.

good luck with it!

i'm a little jalous of you (positive jalousy though), i just can't wait.

with love,

rostie