Gloominus Doom

Namaste

Hello dear friends.

I searched for Gloominus, but didn't find him, so I decided to start this thread. If I am in the wrong place, please tell me and help me move this to where it's supposed to be. :)

Forgive me, also, if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but last night I turned to the faeries to hear them speak and Gloominus sauntered along, as he did just the other night.

I discovered then that whenever he appears a few things happen:

1. I have a really good night's sleep.
2. I am dead tired and need a good night's sleep.
3. I know, suddenly, that I had better lie down and go to sleep...

In other words..., that I had better take care of myself and this is the best way to do it right that moment. :)

Your thoughts..., experiences?

sagitarian

Gloominus

ahhhh yesss. Our sadness makes us tired, and our exhaustion makes us "sick". Taking good care of yourself is a message that should be there always, but we like to play too much to always do the "right thing".

Poor Gloominous, he's not very happy is he, such a big heart to take on such a :( job.

Namaste

*Lovely to see you again, dear Sag*

I find it interesting that these fey who are supposed to challenge us, really, really want to help us at heart.

Yet, I'm sure they are often misunderstood in their intentions. :)

Kirali

he's adorable!

I just think he's so cute! He appears, warning me that I'm in a bout of self pity.. Wallowing in self pity every now and then, thankfully he doesn't show up too often.. :)

Laura Borealis

He makes me think of that character on Farscape, whose name I can't think of -- but who has a similar droopy expression and is always managing to get himself into scrapes. :)

ScarabFlight

I was looking at Gloominus and I thought that maybe he was sad because he thought he had lost his dream. He doesn't realize that he has it in his hand because it's behind his back. Perhaps he doesn't realize it is behind his back because he is feeling sorry for himself and not taking time to look at how things really are around him. (Okay he is telling me that he is not feeling that way, he is just mirroring us)

Namaste

ScarabFlight said:
I was looking at Gloominus and I thought that maybe he was sad because he thought he had lost his dream. He doesn't realize that he has it in his hand because it's behind his back.

I love this insight of yours, ScarabFlight! :)

It's like when we don't see the flowers that grow on our own doorstep, because we seek them elsewhere...

diane drizzy

Isn't Gloominus precious? I just want to take him and hug him and tell him everything will be alright. :*
When I get him in a reading I see it as my need to lighten up!

Alissa

I had this card come forward, for the first time while reading with the deck, about 6 months after I bought it. It indicated an issue with a friend who was dealing with depression.

Since then, the card shows me the "unbearable weight of being" that this mind set can take on someone. This gift, and it is a gift, is the white light that he carries, and that holds him down. It speaks of the Faery who is with us, in that oubliette inside, keeping us company when we believe we're alone.

ncefafn

My first impression of Gloominus was that he reminded me of Eeyore. Those big, old sad eyes, and yet something a little operatic about it, like he's really playing it up to win our sympathy. :) He's a cute little guy.

Kim