Unveiling: "Sol Invictus" - The God Tarot

FantasyWorld

Kiama said:
Hi folks! UPDATES!!! Six new cards this time:

Awakening (Page) of Coins - Harpokrates (Egyptian)
Two of Wands - Alexander the Great (Historical Figure)
Two of Swords - Papa Legba (Vodou)
Five of Swords - Bridal Thor and Loki (Norse)
Eight of Swords - Samson (Biblical)
Eight of Cups - Siddartha Gautama (Buddhist)

So, the entire suit of Swords is now finished. :D

Currently in the works are the Page of Wands (this one is proving tricky) and the Eight of Coins.

Blessings,

Kiama

Great work Kiama!
The 2 of swords jumps out at me.......really like it!

Kiama

Glad you like Papa Legba, FantasyWorld! The card image jumped into our heads through discussion with a Vodou practitioner who is very familiar with Legba, but the actual drawing of the card took longer than expected because for some reason it didn't form on paper as it did in our minds! Maybe Legba was being picky? ;)

Blessings,

Kiama

FantasyWorld

Kiama said:
Glad you like Papa Legba, FantasyWorld! The card image jumped into our heads through discussion with a Vodou practitioner who is very familiar with Legba, but the actual drawing of the card took longer than expected because for some reason it didn't form on paper as it did in our minds! Maybe Legba was being picky? ;)

Blessings,

Kiama

Magick has that way about it, doesn't it?
Google produces many good sites on him, so I set off to read about him;)
Any new publishing info to pass on?

Blessed Be
Alanna

catlin

Are there any more news how this project is going on? Inquiring souls want to know.

Kiama

Hi folks,

Well, after a brief time of Nic and I both doing so many other things in our lives we have got back on track with the creation of this deck. We've come up with some great designs, and I have FINALLY managed to find where Anansi fits into this deck (Knight/Quester of Wands!). It's so satisfying when one of your favourite deities goes into the deck... We're also currently exploring the tricky world of Intui belief and religion as research for a possible 2 of Coins.

8 of Coins - Ganesh scribing the Mahabharata - is now complete but not yet on the website, and is the 7 of Cups, Soma. And my Gods is that card psychedelic! Completely fitting for a God that is also a hallucinatory drink... and I must admit that the 7 of Cups freaks the hell out of me.

Anyway, GOOD NEWS on the publication status of the God Tarot.

Nic and I spent yesterday in London, meeting up with the owner of Schiffer Books - www.schifferbooks.com Nothing's been signed just yet, because Nic and I still have to decide if we want to go with this company, but the offer has been made.

Watch this space folks!

Kiama

Sidhe-Ra

Wow! Great work- some really interesting images there! Hope it all works out with the publisher- how exciting!

Blessings,

Em

inanna_tarot

Wow! Sounds likes its all moving rather well! Hope to hear more fabulous things about it all soon luvs!

Sezo
x

gregory

Where is the pre-order thread ? :D

Kiama

gregory said:
Where is the pre-order thread ? :D

LOL! Slow down there... The book isn't even finished yet! *Must write book over summer...*

The great thing about Schiffer is that they will publish a deck/book set, and not just a small brief guide book either - the whole shebang which will tell you the stories of the Gods and figures in the cards, the symbolism, etc, as well as the divinatory meanings. I'm also hoping the book will contain a few spreads that Nic and I have created specifically for the deck: spreads inspired by archetypes of the Divine Masculine, and a few others that came to us along the way. I'm also toying with the idea of including a section on magic using the God Tarot - pathworking using the cards to meet the deities within them; using the cards as altar pieces (basically what I've been doing over the past two years as soon as Nic has finished painting them!)

Or maybe you guys can tell me... What do YOU want to see in the book?

Kiama

Sophie

Lugh is Irish or Gaulish?

I love this deck, and really hope to see it published and hold it in my hands one day! I love mythology, and you are creating a deck of living, vibrant mythology - one that can be used by pagans and non-pagans alike.

I have one question, after visiting the site again today. The Sun God, aka The Creative (Empress), is Lugh - described as Irish. I had always known Lug or Lugh as a Gaulish god, and he was very much worshipped here, in Helvetia as well. The city of Lyon - Lugdunum - was named after him, and Switzerland was founded in a grove on a lake island on Lughnasa, 1st August 1291. I am assuming it is the same god as the Irish Lugh? Lugh was considered the chief god of the Gauls (including the Helvetians) and many of his shrines became Christian chapels and churches around here. Modern Swiss Druids worship him.