The Disney Princesses Spread

LadyLove

Just a fun little spread that I came up with after watching a plethora of Disney movies. The cards have no set layout, though a heart or a crown would be most ideal. Each princess represents a different aspect of your life that their character coincides with.

1. CINDERELLA: Transformation - Just like Cinderella went from being a kitchen maid to a princess almost overnight, this card represents the transformations you have been through or will go through in life.

2. KIDA: Strength - Just like Kida was the strong, daring princess of Atlantis, this card represents the strengths that you possess.

3. ARIEL: Desires - Just like Ariel strongly desired to be part of the human world, this card represents the deepest desires of your heart.

4. MULAN: Double Life - Just like Mulan also lived the life of a soldier in addition to her life as a blossoming young lady, this card represents your proverbial "double lives."

5. POCAHONTAS: Natural State - Just like Pocahontas felt at home with her forest friends and Grandmother Willow, this card represents where you feel in your natural state, or where you're most comfortable.

6. JANE: Intelligence - Just like Jane was a bright-eyed intellectual who traveled to Africa to study and learn about gorillas, this card represents your true intelligence and desire and drive to learn.

7. SNOW WHITE: Beauty - Just like Snow White was the fairest of the land in appearance and spirit, this card represents your own innate beauty.

8. JASMINE: Determination - Just like Jasmine was determined to see and experienced the commoner's life outside the castle walls, this card represents your own strong determination.

9. TIANA: Passions - Just like Tiana was passionate about her singing, this card represents the things you are truly passionate about.

10. AURORA: Curses - Just like Aurora was cursed to sleep for 100 years, this card deals with some of the continuing negative aspects of your life, aspects that are almost like curses.

11. MEGARA: Attitude - Just like Megara was that sassy, damsel-who-could-take-care-of-herself, this card represents your own attitude.

12. ALICE: Imagination - Just like Alice was a young, inventive young lady who went to Wonderland, this card represents your true imagination and fantasies.

13. ESMERELDA: Charm - Just like Esmerelda was the dancer who charmed the hunchback of Notre Dame, this card represents your charm and who is affected by it.

14. BELLE: Compassion - Just like Belle was able to show unconditional love to the Beast who imprisoned her and her father, this card represents your own ability to love unconditionally.

15. TINKERBELL: Possessiveness - Just like Tinkerbell was extremely possessive of her darling Peter Pan, this card shows what things you are possessive of.

16. WENDY: Maturity - Just like Wendy sacrificed eternal youth to be able to care for her two younger siblings, this card represents the maturity you have at this point in time.

Golden Moon

I love it:D. I'll be sure to try it out sometime.

Angii..Kyanite

I love this! I am a big fan of The Disney Princesses so I'm sure this will be a spread I use a lot.

Thanks!

rwcarter

I'm the anti-Disney, but my partner's a huge Disney fan. (What would be the Sitting Room in our house is called the Disney Room and it's filled with all his Disney stuff.) I'll have to show him this spread.

Rodney

Glass Owl

I can't believe that I missed this spread when it was originally posted. It seems to have an air of innocence to it and yet it also has some depth.

I think it would be neat to lay out small pictures/cards of each princess and then lay out the Tarot cards that represent each position under them or on top.

moderndayruth

I can't believe that I missed this spread when it was originally posted. It seems to have an air of innocence to it and yet it also has some depth.

Me too?! :eek:

Going to do it with the MPR Fairytale!!! :bugeyed: :D

(It might take up to a month to interpret though... :p )

Madame Xarabelle

The only thing I'd add is maybe Rapunzel for Journey/Discoveries. I'm laying it out in a castle shape.

Onaorkal

I did this spread with my girlfriend last weekend (with different decks) and we had a lot of fun. I decided to add a few 'princesses' and tweaked the meaning of some cards/positions a bit.

I added Nala and Kiara from The Lion King 1 and 2 and also Elsa from Frozen.

We then had a total of 19 cards, that we placed in a 'castle' shape like this

15-16- - - - - 17 - - - -18-19
09-10- - - -11-12 - - -13-14
01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08

I wanted to be able to analyze each position in contrast with the card mirroring it on the opposite side and in relation with the cards in the same row and/or column.

So I 'complexified' the spread a bit but it was a nice experience. We got interesting results, not all of them were spot-on but still! I think that's an especially nice idea to do this spread to keep a child busy and calm for a while (given that you have an appropriate deck haha!)

Thank you for sharing :)

Sirena82

Just a fun little spread that I came up with after watching a plethora of Disney movies. The cards have no set layout, though a heart or a crown would be most ideal. Each princess represents a different aspect of your life that their character coincides with.

1. CINDERELLA: Transformation - Just like Cinderella went from being a kitchen maid to a princess almost overnight, this card represents the transformations you have been through or will go through in life.

2. KIDA: Strength - Just like Kida was the strong, daring princess of Atlantis, this card represents the strengths that you possess.

3. ARIEL: Desires - Just like Ariel strongly desired to be part of the human world, this card represents the deepest desires of your heart.

4. MULAN: Double Life - Just like Mulan also lived the life of a soldier in addition to her life as a blossoming young lady, this card represents your proverbial "double lives."

5. POCAHONTAS: Natural State - Just like Pocahontas felt at home with her forest friends and Grandmother Willow, this card represents where you feel in your natural state, or where you're most comfortable.

6. JANE: Intelligence - Just like Jane was a bright-eyed intellectual who traveled to Africa to study and learn about gorillas, this card represents your true intelligence and desire and drive to learn.

7. SNOW WHITE: Beauty - Just like Snow White was the fairest of the land in appearance and spirit, this card represents your own innate beauty.

8. JASMINE: Determination - Just like Jasmine was determined to see and experienced the commoner's life outside the castle walls, this card represents your own strong determination.

9. TIANA: Passions - Just like Tiana was passionate about her singing, this card represents the things you are truly passionate about.

10. AURORA: Curses - Just like Aurora was cursed to sleep for 100 years, this card deals with some of the continuing negative aspects of your life, aspects that are almost like curses.

11. MEGARA: Attitude - Just like Megara was that sassy, damsel-who-could-take-care-of-herself, this card represents your own attitude.

12. ALICE: Imagination - Just like Alice was a young, inventive young lady who went to Wonderland, this card represents your true imagination and fantasies.

13. ESMERELDA: Charm - Just like Esmerelda was the dancer who charmed the hunchback of Notre Dame, this card represents your charm and who is affected by it.

14. BELLE: Compassion - Just like Belle was able to show unconditional love to the Beast who imprisoned her and her father, this card represents your own ability to love unconditionally.

15. TINKERBELL: Possessiveness - Just like Tinkerbell was extremely possessive of her darling Peter Pan, this card shows what things you are possessive of.

16. WENDY: Maturity - Just like Wendy sacrificed eternal youth to be able to care for her two younger siblings, this card represents the maturity you have at this point in time.

Since Disney "caught" Star Wars, I became less fan of them, but this spread is interesting! I like some princesses and I'd also add Queen Elsa (from Frozen) for Fears, because she ran away with fear after she almost accidentally killed her younger sister (the princess Anna) with her cold and ice powers (yes, I saw the movie!).

Saskia

What a lovely and innovative spread! I'll definitely give it a go, well done creating it! :)