Any new Crystal chats?

morticia monroe

minrice said:
Everyone's crystals are so pretty! They really do perk up a space that's for sure. I bought this yesterday and I think it is that salt crystal they make lamps out of. But I'm not sure...there was a chest filled with them and they were all piled on top of a light bulb and gave off the prettiest glow when the light shone through them! It's on my tarot table and you can see in the photo it catches the light and glows. It's very silky feeling and makes my hands feel dry and it feels warmer than quartz. Any thoughts on what it is?

Lick it,,,,lol. I know, but if it's salt, you'll know it. :) (But just a little lick,,,the salt is powerful)

morticia monroe

Could also be yellow aventurine. Either way, it's a beauty.

HearthCricket

Very pretty! I believe that is orange or golden calcite. :)

mysticmonkey

HearthCricket said:
Very pretty! I believe that is orange or golden calcite. :)
That would be my guess too. I love Calcite at the moment so I'm very jealous, it looks lovely. :)

Briar Rose

Franniee, I am thinking that the camera lens is having trouble focusing on the Crystal, and the light it gives off at the same time.

How about giving the lens and rock a little more distance? Then you can zoom in after you download the picture.

Could you try this please?

I thought calcite first, but then yellow adventurine; does it have that much shine?

How about Larimar? Anyone working with that?

What does everyone have in the way of Chrysocolla? Amazonite? Any points in these stones? I am kicking myself for not buying the Amazonite point at the show. It was 5 Inches long, and he wanted $20.00 wholesale. Maybe next time. The lady before me got the blue-ist one. I saw it on her bin.

morticia monroe

I think HC is right,,it does look like orange calcite. Wow I love it.

minrice

I licked it and it isn't salty! I had thought of that but then I didn't know if salt crystal was literal, lol. So it isn't salt...
It isn't very shiny, some gloss to it but not really shiny. It doesn't look as opaque? as adventurine either. Calcite, is calcite a softer rock? This feels soft. I asked my husband if we had any acid and he looked at me like I was crazy!

minrice

Oh yes I looked at some pix of orange calcite online and it looks just like them! Orange/golden calcite I believe it is! Thanks everyone. It is so pretty and soft.

catbaloo said:
That would be my guess too. I love Calcite at the moment so I'm very jealous, it looks lovely. :)

Would you like a piece? I bought it for $1 or $2 dollars at this little Mexican imports store. She had a lot of them in this wooden chest. Is anyone else interested? I could probably bargain with her and get the lot for very little.

lark

Yes, it looks just like my Orange Calcite...I have one I keep on my tarot table...it has the repution for being a stone that will calm first time clients if they come to the reading feeling a little nervous...I let them hold it if they would like to while I do the reading....
Also if you are doing your first readings for others it helps relax you and lets your insights flow easily.
That one is a beauty minrice.
I'm working with Larimar right now....and I have a few really nice pieces of Chrysocolla...I'm really liking the energy of this stone.

minrice

That's why I was so drawn to it, it seemed to have such a great energy about it. That and it was already nice and warm from the lights she had under it! Thanks for the info Lark, I didn't know it's properties.